Recent content by kami

1. K

Items submitted for Review

Review done https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/beyerdynamic-dt-880-600-ohm-review-headphone.24694/ TL; DR: DT 880 is good for classical music without heavy bass frequencies (requires EQ) KM
  2. K

are you disappointed of some of your old favorite songs that sound like crap on you new hi fi equipment?

this, this is what I want I want to enjoy music, and enjoy the drums on the songs. But sometimes my mind drifts into the details and nuances, the clipping, and I start asking myself: "Is this a bad track? are my headphones distorting? what happened there?" KM
  3. K

are you disappointed of some of your old favorite songs that sound like crap on you new hi fi equipment?

Yes, the BPM is probably averaged. As a drummer I use that to know if I'm capable of performing it to its full length, if it's too fast, I am going to screw up for lack of control and speed. Thanks for asking, you forced me to actually read the chart instead of skimming through The drum bass...
  4. K

I will jump here to provide my two cents: BPM of drums in the two songs mentioned by @Blaspheme - Bring Me The Horizon - The Comedown [drum tab] - 206 BPM - Black Sabbath - Sweet Leaf [drum tab] - 148 BPM That's only going by drums. I am only learning drums, so that's all I can contribute...
  5. K

versions of "All Along The Watchtower" by Hendrix on Deezer clip really bad, there are just a couple of different releases If there's any other version I could listen to anywhere else (streaming); please I am interested KM
  6. K

headphone recommendation diagram (no EQ)

i thought about this and included it in an initial version. It looked convoluted . I will give it a try. Would that branch merge with returns to online store? What’s your opinion @MRC01 ?
  7. K

I am still a bit green on terms, by "low-end" extension we mean low-end bass frecuencies, right? KM
  8. K

Yes, specifically with amps because when I started lurking this forum, it was a constant struggle for me to understand if I needed an amp for my first use case. But I’d like to get feedback to understand if it’s useful for anyone starting the hobby :-) Thanks for your input @pozz KM
  9. K

Hi everyone, I dedicated a few minutes today and I came up with this flow diagram, it's basically what I do when I try to answer someone in the recommendations thread. With more time and use cases, I could write an embeddable javascript app that would attempt to make a recommendation after...
  10. K

Would you give up your headphone jack on your phone???

I made a niche acquisition and bought audeze headphones with a lighting cable, so I can use them directly with my iPhone and iPad. My iPad still has a headphone jack, but a 9 inch tablet is not exactly the pinnacle of portability. Perhaps it’s time to add a qudelix 5k to your setup. I didn’t...
  11. K

Recommendation request thread

This is a very specific case. I don't suffer tinnitus, and I don't have professional experience to make a solid suggestion. That's why I didn't jump to reply earlier. I will try to contribute with the little I know. But I understand the minimum possible sound pressure level will help that...
  12. K

figuring out EQ values for Audeze EL-8 Titanium (closed)

For anyone looking at this thread later, I decided to install the Reveal legacy VST plugin that can be used through APO Equalizer https://www.audeze.com/pages/revealdownload Download previous versions of Reveal+ Linear Phase High Quality, 75% of the preset applied, which generates this graph...
  13. K

I'm glad you brought that up. oratory and crinacle measure using Gras 43AG and 43AC couplers, measurements by Ollo are done in a GRAS 45CC oratory's FAQ mentions that the same headphone may have different measurements, depending on the rig, see graph below: I don't see how the manufacturer...
  14. K

The message you replied and quoted has a PDF link: Measurements from the manufacturer: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...surement_Full_Report_2021_V4.pdf?v=1621515803 for the impatient: page 15 and page 22 (open back and closed back) They use GRAS 45CC with RA0039 coupler based on IEC...
  15. K

Thanks for narrowing down the scope. I went through some searches and found Horn.eu carries Focal headphones, but the Elex seems to be an exclusive model from Massdrop or at least not distributed in Switzerland. They have the Focal Clear model, but that's not recommended. I need to keep...
Top Bottom