Recent content by Kachda

1. Kachda

After joy Division & New Order ... what?

How do I favorite i post so that I can find it later?
  2. Kachda

Marketing vs reality

KEF send these promotional emails once in a while, and I got a great one today. What did the marketing folks get wrong in the picture below ?
  3. Kachda

Polk Monitor 40 Series II Review (Speaker)

See the reviews by @napilopez of the legend and r series bookshelves.
  4. Kachda

Polk Monitor 40 Series II Review (Speaker)

Disappointing that polk produces some decent speakers at the high end, and this poor one as well. They know what is right, and choose not to apply it here.
  5. Kachda

FS: Revel Salon2 (Mahogany) - New York City Area (Local Pickup)

Please don’t sell them before we do a blind test at your house against the genelecs , I’ll bring the whiskey :)
  6. Kachda

Elac Uni-Fi 2.0 Review (bookshelf speaker)

That’s very strange. I saw that warranty info under the uni-fi page, not some b-stock. https://www.elac.com/lp/uni-fi-reference#faq
  7. Kachda

Elac Uni-Fi 2.0 Review (bookshelf speaker)

Wtf, only a 90 day warranty on the uni-fi speakers? That’s really bad !
  8. Kachda

SMSL SA400 Review (Power Amplifier)

None. though it seems like a missed opportunity, not having an ADC at the begining may have reduced the noise floor maybe ?
  9. Kachda

SMSL SA400 Review (Power Amplifier)

Why would I buy this if instead I can get this Hypex based amp from buckeye ? 2 channel NC502MP, 2x500w @ 4ohm $649 shipped 2 channel NC252MP, 2x250w @ 4ohm $499 shipped
  10. Kachda

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

Since I have the older version of MiniDSP SHD with the perma-on USB host, I was looking for any kind of solution that does not involve me picking up my lazy ass form the couch to turn the amp off and on. This is the solution I came up with. I used a 12V relay with Infrared learning. I...
  11. Kachda

Amp/streamer for KEF R5/7

If you only want Spotify connect, you can even use a raspberry pi4 with usb connected to a dac. Many rpi4 os support Spotify connect. the advantage of minidsp is in dirac correction and crossovers for subwoofers. Spotify connect also works well on the shd. regarding two boxes, many preamps...
  12. Kachda

Amp/streamer for KEF R5/7

You can go with minidsp shd power for a one box solution. It has a streamer (volumio), dirac, paramatric eq and a power amp. Yo can also try the nad m10, which is a bit more elegant. But if you want more power, a minidsp shd with a hypex or purifi based amp will be better, though this is a two...
  13. Kachda

A Call For Humor!

And this is just for the stereo system, wait till you see my atmos setup
  14. Kachda

Perlisten speakers

Edit: Deleted as Matthew answered this above
Top Bottom