Recent content by JustMe

1. J

DAC chip signature sound?

yep. Or nope :-) Is the trimming more or less accurate than the pulse widths? who knows? Many ladders are still made, with semiconductor resistors that do not rquire (or allow for) trimming. I believe these are inferior in linearity and noise as well. And yet, in the grand scheme of things...
  2. J

R2R are ladders. That's what i'm talking about. All the (now old) R2R, ladder, resistor pair, call them what you will were chips. Some of the best ones were hybrids with laser trimmed thin film resistors. But "chip" means nothing frankly. A transistor is a chip, with its leads brought out...
  3. J

OK, that is funny. Tho i suspect cables are the #1 tools used as expensive, inflexible tone controls. Tubes at least have very different overload characteristics compared ot most solid state devices
  4. J

To Dig or not to dig, that is the question

I realize this is old, but its interesting since i'm doing some experimenting here right now. The ALPS POT is clear. But what is the alternative? Is it digital control as the words say (manipulation of a digital stream, with or without premature truncation)? Or a chip-based digitally...
Top Bottom