Recent content by JustasG

1. J

SMSL SU-9 vs Musical Fidelity MX-DAC vs RME ADI-2 DAC FS and Other DACS in general.

Thanks all of you for your time! So I should have went with M200 since MQA is pretty much useless as it doesn't work via Bluetooth and AK chips don't have that "ES HUM"....
  2. J

SMSL SU-9 vs Musical Fidelity MX-DAC vs RME ADI-2 DAC FS and Other DACS in general.

@SJ777 thanks for your time spent reading my thread. So you would say, that these both guys are just wasting their breath in their SU-9 reviews? Are these just some delusional impressions they experience or you would say they are saying whatever SMSL paid them to say? "Reminds of Marantz...
  3. J

How can they not sound different, when theres thousands of videos and rsviews that highlight impact on note separation.. clarity...sound openess and what not... I dont want to pay 400 for a dac which is boring, if i can get the best thing ever for 700. @M00ndancer and @Joachim Herbert what are...
  4. J

Thanks Both, @Joachim Herbert and @M00ndancer. Maybe I didn't put it right. I'm looking for the best sound quality that is worth the money. That's why i wanted to know @amirm opinion why he decided to go with the RME. It could be that something is best for 50$, best for 500$, best for 1000$...
  5. J

No. I want the BEST sound/price ratio. The measurements doesn't make much difference as it seems. People find all of these dacs excellent.
  6. J

@Joachim Herbert Thanks! So if these dacs, using same chips tend to provide similar amazing measurements, it still doesn't mean they all sound good. Sound is subjective to your other units and room acoustics as well. So how would You chose without listening for all of these dacs. If You don't...
  7. J

@amirm - i know you're using RME ADI-2 DAC FS. You have tested all the SMSL's and what not... There's Gustard X-16 which is much cheaper and rates better.... Why do you pick RME over any other DAC? Can you please share your opinion on the above? Because my simple math is basically saying that...
  8. J

I've bought SMSL SU-9 DAC, but before even receiving the shipment, i'm already more interested in buying Musical Fidelity MX-DAC without even seeing any measurements. Do any of you have Musical Fidelity MX-DAC and can confirm the great reviews out there? I think Musical Fidelity is a serious...
  9. J

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Can you please explain if i will be able to connect to the SU-9 wirelessly via bluetooth and play MQA from Tidal?
  10. J

SMSL SU-9

Can you please explain if i will be able to connect to the SU-9 wirelessly via bluetooth and play MQA from Tidal?
  11. J

first time buying gear. need your professional advice.

Ended up buying Quad S-4 for the Quad S-2 price :) streaming dac: GUSTARD DAC-X16 with 2x ES9068AS chips or SMSL SU-9 DAC with ES9038Pro integrated amp: Musical Fidelity M3SI (800 EUR) or Musical Fidelity M5SI (1200 EUR) As for the DAC, i like the SMSL design better and it's 50EUR cheaper. As...
  12. J

Multiple Stereo AMPS ?

@Hipper Sources: Short term - streaming Long term - vinyl My set up would be a streaming dac + integrated amp with phono + speakers. +TT later (Rega Planar 3). streaming dac: GUSTARD DAC-X16 with 2x ES9068AS chips or SMSL SU-9 DAC with ES9038Pro integrated amp: Musical Fidelity M3SI (800 EUR)...
  13. J

Multiple Stereo AMPS ?

I meant phono, my bad...
  14. J

Multiple Stereo AMPS ?

i'm very inexperienced on these matters. Thanks. I was thinking, maybe integrated amp can work as a preamp.... in case required. I'm looking to buy an amp, and the choosing between Musical Fidelity M3si and M5si. Was thinking on saving a bit money here and adding a purify amp some time in the...
  15. J

Multiple Stereo AMPS ?

Hi All, Can you please share more detail about using multiple amps. Let's say, i'm using an AB class integrated amplifier and additionally a more powerful class D amplifier before connecting to the speakers. Do i lose sound quality ? double distortion? Thanks
Top Bottom