Recent content by jules

1. jules

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Yep it's same with the Windows app using Windows 7 on a laptop, as soon as CCA is selected the quality goes from Master to Hifi
  2. jules

If I play a master quality file on tidal with my Samsung S8 phone it shows as Master at the. bottom in gold. But as soon as I choose CCA as the target the symbol changes to blue Hifi
  3. jules

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately I can't get my head around your advice :) If I use the tidal app (on Android) I can only cast in Hifi which is 16/44.1 (?) Feeding this into the SPDIF on the X16 won't give sufficient data for MQA decoding?
  4. jules

Using the mconnect app I can stream 24bit 48kHz to my CCA... With the Tidal app I only get Hifi which is 16 bit 44.1kHz... Question is whether this is classed as the first unfold and then something like the X16 could to the final unfold / rendering?
  5. jules

Review: Battle of Schiit Audio DACs

It depends on the resolving quality of the rest of your system. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link... and the DAC might not be the weakest link... ;)
  6. jules

Other option is try something else going into the mimby coax input. Then try a different device on the Eitr output....
  7. jules

You have coax selected on mimby? Also try a different coax cable?
  8. jules

Oh well, at least they have sent a new one straight away. Presume they don't want the wrong one back either. Can't you connect direct to the Mimby?
  9. jules

Ring them up a request the correct PSU be sent asap!
  10. jules

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

Ha ha, yes I was having a jest with you ;). I was basically passing on the same question that had been asked of me when I posted an 'ears only' review recently: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-battle-of-schiit-audio-dacs.5487/post-311528
  11. jules

OK if you come round and change the cables while I close my eyes I'm up for it :)
  12. jules

What's the rest of your system? Cheers
  13. jules

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

Hi could you please tell us how you did the level-matching, switching, and double-blinding controls that are the basics for valid listening comparisons? Thanks in advance.
  14. jules

I understand this approach and Amir and all the guys here are doing a great job looking at hifi from the scientific point of view. For me I'm hearing certain things and I'm trying to see the data that could explain that occurrence. However if subjective thoughts and comments are not allowed on...
Top Bottom