Recent content by Juju

1. Juju

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

Thank you for sharing. The input gain is way too low, for all my bass DI's and preamps: - If I boost the gain loud enough to record Im getting noise from the M4 preamp. - If I don't boost when recording, I've to boost it on my Studio One later on, and the sound has less depth and definition than...
  2. Juju

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

On PC using Studio One. The gain on the Motu M4 is incredibly low compared to my old cheap UR22. Like 12db lower. Signal is bass->Reddi at noon->interface same cable, no gain on interface. Once i put both signals at same level, i've the impression im loosing a bit details/definition, like the...
  3. Juju

Kali IN-8 v2 vs Focal Alpha 65 EVO

I can't comment on the Kali. My opinion I don't how they would sound any better than the 65 Evo, knowing than in the manufacturer costs there is extra amp/woofer to drive, obviously the costs have to be cut elsewhere. For a 3 way, I would only look from KH310 or similar price range. What I do...
  4. Juju

Amps alternatives for old 70's set of Scott speakers

Hi, I have an old Scott S196 set of speakers from my father that I would like to keep/emotional value. I also like them because they're full range. The original Thorens amp is no longer. For now I replaced it with a JVC RX-5020R that was originally used for TV purposes. I would use these...
  5. Juju

Need advice about active vs passive speakers

Thank u @LTig and @vert ! Yes with my desktop I'll start from scratch, i have only an audio interface and headphones, I'll investigate further, but most likely I'll choose the easier active alternative. In my living room I have some ScottS196 from the 70's and I wanna keep them (family), I'll...
  6. Juju

Need advice about active vs passive speakers

New here, I would also be interested on the same subject but in a different price range. I'm researching new speakers and tend to go for active monitors, as it seems much easier to find. It's quite easy here to audition Focal Twin vs Genelec 8040 vs Neumann KH310. There are in several music...
  7. Juju

Interface upgrade: More money on interface or speakers? M4+Gen8330+SAM vs RME+Gen8030

Thank you all, also for the advises on the Neumann and Gen sets. I understand it would be very difficult to get my room (or any other room in my house) to sound correctly. I will also reconsider speakers>headphones and spend some time in the headphones forum. I never auditioned high end cans...
  8. Juju

Interface upgrade: More money on interface or speakers? M4+Gen8330+SAM vs RME+Gen8030

I had some issues more than 10 years ago with a Firewire Presonus. Driver not updated, I remember I bought a specific card with a specific Texas chipset, to be able to continue to run it. One day it exploded with a smoke on my desk. I know with RME on PC i will be at peace :)
  9. Juju

Focal Alpha 65 EVO Review (Studio Monitor)

1) I can't back up anything with data... 2) Could be due to UR22 audio interface. 3) Could be due to no room treatment. Speakers were near like 70cms/30inch. 4) I've had to exchange one speaker that was giving complete distortion in the range 1K to 2.5K., already at very low volumes. This put me...
  10. Juju

Hope it's okay to make a new thread... New here and need some general guidance to upgrade my room. I play bass guitar only and need accurate low mids/bass. I only need an interface to reamp from time to time, no internal plugins necessary. Audio interface upgrade would only be for better...
  11. Juju

Thank you both! I've now realized I started to ugrade my room the wrong way. - I'm returning the EVO65 due to trial days running out, but I wasn't able to properly test them. They work very well for the price, I was pleased with imaging, punch and low mids, less pleased with highs, and I need a...
  12. Juju

I also noted that with the Solo 6, i could clearly hear each instruments playing. Including bass. Not sure how you call it, but instrument sound separation was really amazing. The Shape65 sounded more "in your face", but again, maybe placement. I remember listening to this on both , and somehow...
  13. Juju

New to this forum. I’m playing bass but have very limited knowledge to sound and speakers. I need speakers to record bass and listen to my favorite album. Until now I got some DT770 and Mackie MC-450 (step up from the DT) headphones, and very old Scott speakers. At the shop, I’ve listened to...
Top Bottom