Recent content by Juanrdp

1. J

The placebo effect by Leland Sklar.

:D:D the sad reality, and that with people with teorically "trained" hearing... for the normal people is just like wizardy
  2. J

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

That price have already a 21% VAT added (the usual amount in Spain) i suposse you could get a discount in lower VAT countries...
  3. J

Creative SXFI AMP Review (headphone adapter)

I was also unable to notice any hiss (with an older unit, but the new one just seems a rebrand anyway) with neither Akg, sennheiser or beyerdynamic headphones. Regarding the virtualization i found it very dependable of the headphones you use, for example with the sennheiser or beyerdynamic was...
  4. J

AIYIMA A200 Stereo Amplifier Review

That lower my opinion of the amplifier a lot, it would be better if they didn't add the crappy DAC that is almost a loss of 10dB.
  5. J

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

50% Off on the Monolith THX AAA Balanced Headphone Amplifier 887 (204€ and 199€ with the notice subscription, free shipping) https://www.monoprice.eu/collections/sale/products/monolith-by-monoprice-thx-aaa-balanced-headphone-amplifier-featuring-thx-aaa-887-technology-eu-uk
  6. J

What Headphones do not need (or scream for) EQ?

The only ones that i use normally without EQ are the Monolith 1060, i tried to get used to the Oratory EQ for some weeks but get back to stock sound with those.
  7. J

What are the key characteristics for a good gaming headphone? (ignore the microphone)

Depends what you want from gamming, in my oppinion: Competitive gamming -> Huge soundstage for better positioning, clear separation, good mids and highs with recessed bass to better positioning and sound recognition Just fun factor gamming for shooting -> As much bass as possible and as low as...
  8. J

Best inexpensive setup for Windows

The option i choose on the workplace was a very cheap dac+headphone amp (a Fosi Audio DAC-Q4, slightly over 30€ from china) that connect via usb to use with a laptop with a terrible internal sound. That and an old Akg K550 that have in my house made the trick.
  9. J

Open-back recommendations at $350 or less

In mi humble opinion, my order of preference would be: 1st - Monolith m1060 (planar, slightly over 200€) 2nd - Hifiman HE400se (planar, close to 150€) 3rd - Akg 712pro (close to 200€) or Akg 702 (close to 150€) The Akg are the most portable and comfortable (due the weight mainly), Monolith and...
  10. J

Recommendation for an analog equalizer.

If the look is secondary i would recomend a Dbx231, you could get some very, very cheap. I'm using one and i'm very, very pleased with it. They are pro equipment (not hi-fi) but would give you better solution in my opinion. Btw, they are RACK mounted, not a problem (use normal conections and...
  11. J

What headphones sound the most like speakers?

In my opinion i have two gadgets that sound close to the speakers sound: - The virtualization tech of the Creative Super Xfi (the standalone portable DAC i think is called SXfiAmp, not the ones included in the headphones), mixed with a headphone that is in the database (like their own Aurvana...
  12. J

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Damm, i really think that i would be the only one that still use my old K550 (first version)... after several pads changes i'm still using them after nearly 10 years. I couldn't dedicate a lot of money to headphones but i still have several of them (nothing too fancy :(, my current headphones...
  13. J

Yep, that was the initial bundle. The Aurvana was a mediocre headset, very bad construction materials, cheap plastic and small size (well, im used to a Beyerdynamic Dt1770 and to an old Akg770 that both have nice hear cups) but at least very lightweight. What was surprising was the step ahead...
  14. J

Yes, all of three use the head and ear mapping (with the Pc headset you need first to make the mapping on a phone with an app, and then configure with the same account the driver on the Pc, it's not very user friendly) and i think that all of them where well configured, because i tried to use...
  15. J

Curiously that dongle was the best showcase of the technology, on it it worked flawless from day1 and with a severe improvement of the audio. After those dongle due the improvement of the audio i purchased also with Sxfi the Outlier Gold (even with the Sxfi tech in theory the improvement is not...
Top Bottom