Recent content by JoetheLion

1. JoetheLion

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

OK, thanks. It is displayed under "Roon Ready", but as "uncertified". If you select "Enable", an error message appears. Hopefully the certification will soon be completed and positive.
  2. JoetheLion

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

Unfortunately, only Airplay is displayed for me. What do I have to do so that Chromecast is also displayed?
  3. JoetheLion

NAD C658 Streaming DAC Review

I have replaced my C 658 and C 298 with an M10. Costs less, is more compact, has a nice display, no difference in sound.
  4. JoetheLion

NAD C658 Streaming DAC Review

I also had one for a few years and never had a problem. The only disadvantage I found was the largely useless headphone output (no individual volume setting, Dirac has to be switched off manually every time). Otherwise very reliable and faultless.
  5. JoetheLion

The ultimate low cost solution for room correction?

So you have an additional analog-digital-digital-analog conversion in your chain.
  6. JoetheLion

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Maybe someone has already said this on the previous 393 pages, but don't we all know that the discussion is pointless? Can you convince a homeopath that his pills have been scientifically proven to make no difference? See for example Randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials of...
  7. JoetheLion

The Florida International Audio Expo 2024

As a little foretaste, here are two videos from the Norddeutsche Hifi-Tage at the beginning of this month (some news from Piega, Lehmannaudio etc.). Everyone was surprised at how well attended they were. That's good news and wasn't always the case. By the way: The Elac guy says that he...
  8. JoetheLion

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Is blind testing objective? I would rather say that it serves to eliminate the cognitive distortion caused by the visual impression.
  9. JoetheLion

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

To quote ASR Homepage: Don’t just be a gear head! :) Greetings to all from Bonn! Birthplace of Beethoven, to whom we owe the most beautiful music ever (even if he could no longer hear it in the end and would not have needed a DAC with SINAD > 120...). Picture The white T-shirt in Bonn...
  10. JoetheLion

Dirac Reviews

Nice idea, this poll. My experience: Amplifier doesn't matter (hopefully we can all agree on that). Speakers play a major role. Room plays an even bigger role. I have three systems with Dirac (full): Home cinema (somewhat acoustically optimised): NAD T778, Canton Reference K speakers, 5.1.4...
  11. JoetheLion

Review and Measurements of Bluesound NODE 2i Streamer

If you want a Node whose DAC will probably have very good measurement results, buy a Node X. But you will certainly not hear any difference to the other Nodes (or other DACs discussed here with excellent measurement results) neither in your bathroom, nor living room or outside. All differences...
  12. JoetheLion

Why can't we just ignore inane audio threads?

No. But I have read posts that have labeled devices as "nonsense devices" just because the measurements were worse than the top ranking measurements. Even though Amir himself said they were "good enough".
Top Bottom