Recent content by Jimbob54

1. Jimbob54

Hifiman Ananda Review (headphone)

Unless the output from your phone is terrible dont expect any miraculous leaps in sound quality from anything. And if your phone is actually good for sound, it may be as good or better than any external devices. For these pretty easy to drive headphones.
  2. Jimbob54

Yes. Or, more importantly, these little sticks add nothing to the source file.
  3. Jimbob54

Me? For this headphone, yes, don't buy a balanced cable especially. If you have one already use it but dont expect anything more than more volume for any given setting on your amp.
  4. Jimbob54

Some Help with First DAC/amp/HP Please

Spend more on the right headphones for sure. But not $$$ on any headphone carrying the price tag.
  5. Jimbob54

If the poster is only ever going to use the Ananda with it, I'd say get the E1DA 9038S3 (if using balanced plug) or 9038D if single ended. Saves $100 or so and makes their rig highly portable.
  6. Jimbob54

What is your source (phone or pc or something else)? Do you (or do you want to) use EQ?
  7. Jimbob54

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

Could you point to/ remind me how we know this please? Do we know if that applies to the open version?
  8. Jimbob54

Chord Hugo M Scaler - Stereophile Review (measurements also)

That headfi post reads like the lead in to some convoluted spiel as to why he has to create a new expensive product line that magically only has an audible impact if you know it is in use.
  9. Jimbob54

Asimov Foundation

If I remember the Foundation series correctly the first couple of books were great but it just turned into a Galactic runaround after a while.
  10. Jimbob54

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Of little to no use to the Internet shopper then.
  11. Jimbob54

Agreed. Doesn't mention which DAC chip etc. I think the RME stance is that it really doesn't matter, but I would like to see clarity from retailers as to which one it is. Especially when multiple sellers may use the same listing on amazon.
  12. Jimbob54

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

I remember reading he said only cosmetic differences but my memory isn't that great and might well have been my interpretation. I'm not sure why they would put different drivers /pads/ padding in the same chassis for essentially the same price point. Just a colour /headband thing i reckon.
  13. Jimbob54

I would guess the box might state it and all major retailers are almost certainly selling the "new" and the better ones probably should state on the listing /specs.
  14. Jimbob54

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

Yup, And if the change is generally for the better, so be it but it makes it a nightmare for those that use EQ based on 3rd party measurements of either a different or unknown revision.
  15. Jimbob54

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Misunderstood your post. Big caveat is that the listener in question has to prefer Harman to a target curve thats different. But logically, to someone who fits the Harman liking category, then one would have thought a HP that is closer to it would "sound better" than one further away from it...
Top Bottom