Recent content by Jimbob54

1. Jimbob54

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

You mean @Geert response here? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/can-you-hear-any-audible-difference-if-they-are-measured-as-audibly-transparent.53959/post-1957137 Pretty clear what I meant earlier in this thread if you'd bothered to read the first few pages of this...
  2. Jimbob54

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

Excellent. Thanks. I'll definitely consider this.
  3. Jimbob54

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

Thanks for joining the discussion. Does it / could it have crossfeed capability and l/r balance adjustment? For me, those 2 functions as well as good 10+ band PEQ are essential to move from a source device DSP solution to a dac based implementation.
  4. Jimbob54

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

No idea. From memory of posts I have read on here Mac handles the dac interface differently but never had a Mac.
  5. Jimbob54

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

Ability to pass digital stream from player software to dac avoiding OS audio stack. Or bit perfect if you like. Android and Windows both resample everything (and possibly apply dsp) if not in exclusive mode. (that's my layman take) As to why,,,, suppose that depends on ones use case and needs.
  6. Jimbob54

Upsampling 16/44.1 collection a good idea?

To be clear, they are not suggesting that the recording format/encoding made the sacd sound better. They suggest it may be due to these being the kind of audiophile records I personally despise but are technically very well recorded, engineered, mixed, mastered etc. Take those recordings and...
  7. Jimbob54

Why the hate for Grado?

Same here. It's very hard to listen to them now. You can eq out the sound a bit and the ones with salad bowl pads are very comfy but they just arent a safe recommendation for anybody really. If anyone must try them, get the 60s. It has no worse flaws than the rest of the range!
  8. Jimbob54

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/tanchjim-origin-iem-review.52707/ One off the list
  9. Jimbob54

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

One thing I can guarantee still holds true. Massively overpriced
  10. Jimbob54

Spotify HiFi (finally) Coming Soon?

Qobuz is comparable to tidal's new price per month in the UK if you pay for the year and around £1 more per month to pay monthly. EU is getting ripped off!
  11. Jimbob54

Spotify HiFi (finally) Coming Soon?

Probably an inevtable move from Tidal. Other than Spotify the other services were offering higher than 16/44 for less than the tidal high res tier. Not a great place for a relatively niche service to be. Which makes Spotifys (maybe) move to move into the higher price bracket for lossless even...
  12. Jimbob54

Hifiman releases EF400 AiO DAC-Amp

Yes but there are all in one boxes that are both cheaper and objectively better that do too. For what headphones?
Top Bottom