Recent content by jhb74

1. J

How to Support Audio Science Review

@amirm - Donated. I've been a mostly silent reader since late 2020. Before I discovered ASR, and after watching youtube's for a month, I bought a set of Triangle BR03's and their matching center channel. I actually don't want to talk about it.... Since reading ASR, and as a direct result...
  2. J

Port blocking ramifications

Nice! Thank you!
  3. J

Port blocking ramifications

Hello everyone, I found this to be one of those difficult to Google for things, since all topics seem to revolve around the bass extension when you block speaker ports. I have a new set of Revel bookshelves and I just got into REW and find it fascinating to have the ability to move a speaker 3...
  4. J

Curious what you guys would change

If I conveyed anywhere that I was unhappy with it, that was a mistake. I'm always looking for ways to make stuff better though, and it's all relative. I'm sure if I popped a top of the line Revel tower into the mix I'd say "Oh, THAT's what great sounds like" and re-evaluate "great".
  5. J

After poking around, I might stretch my budget and shoot for a set of Revel M106 bookshelves. Amirm's review is pretty compelling.... I initially purchased the Elac's based on the review here as well - would the M106's be a solid step up from the DBR62's? Unfortunately there is no local shops...
  6. J

Hello everyone, I've got an upgrade itch on a Franken-system that was basically put together with extra stuff I had and am swamped in indecision and would be very interested in any input. This is a 2.2 (?? 2 subs) system that is a secondary setup used for both movies and music. For music I...
  7. J

Arendal Sound 1961 Tower review (by Erin)

Thank you. That’s helpful input. This setup isn’t typically used for max spl but now and then then GF’s kids come home and like to play stuff crazy loud. Appearance matters as well, all things being equal the 1961’s are much more fun to look at. I wasn’t sure if my bias towards the looks was...
  8. J

Arendal Sound 1961 Tower review (by Erin)

I’m about to purchase a set of towers to drop into a 2.1 system for music only. I’m trying to decide between the Arendal 1961 towers and the Emotiva T2+. I’d be curious on opinions take since both got really positive reviews. The system is currently running an Iotavx as a pre-amp into a...
  9. J

Airport Express DAC vs. IOTAVX SA3

Hello ASR, I’ve been reading the site for awhile now. Lots of information to absorb! I’m posting my question at the bottom if you want to skip the trivial details. I’ve been into home theater for awhile now – and have always used that setup for music listening. But recently I’ve been staying...
Top Bottom