Recent content by jdubs

1. J

JBL 708i Monitor Review (Passive: Part 1)

That's what I did for mine (start with the JBL presets and then do room correction) and it turned out great. -Jim
  2. J

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Hey all Is it possible to set a MAXIMUM volume? Just to avoid someone accidentally going higher than they "should". -Jim
  3. J

FS: Focusrite Clarett 2Pre and Gustard X16

Clarett is still available. -Jim
  4. J

SOLD!!!: 2x JBL 708P Powered Monitors

Sorry, no. Sold them and now have 708i's with Hypex amplification and a CamillaDSP dsp solution. -Jim
  5. J

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

Has anyone tried 384k on ALL 8 outputs? The chip is capable of it, though the Topping website says 192k. I emailed them to ask but haven't heard back yet. -Jim
  6. J

JBL 708i Monitor Review (DSP: Part 2)

I'm not sure I understand all the negativity around this speaker relative to the original praise for the 708p. Just ditch the idea of the JBL dsp / amplification and roll your own using @pierre 's EQ, to get practically the same results as the 708p...
  7. J

JBL 708i Monitor Review (Passive: Part 1)

I think this doesn't account for the input filters or the compressor. -Jim
  8. J

Thanks for the info, Michael!! In my case I wouldn't be using the M4 for output, just input in REW. I have a Topping D10B that I use....so I wonder if that REW lockout only applies when the M4 is used as your output in CamillaDSP? -Jim
  9. J

Has anyone ever tried running room correction software while using CamillaDSP in Ubuntu? I have JBL 708i speakers that require a bunch of speaker correction eq filters + a compressor which I implement via CamillaDSP. I'd like to use software to generate a fir correction filter that works in...
  10. J

FS: Focusrite Clarett 2Pre and Gustard X16

Hi all I have both of these interfaces for sale. Both are lightly used and look beautiful. Box and accessories included with both. I updated the Gustard firmware earlier this year. $250 plus shipping / paypal for the Clarett $275 plus shipping / paypal for the Gustard. SOLD… -Jim
  11. J

WTB: Topping Pre90

Brooklyn, NY
  12. J

WTB: Topping Pre90

Old thread, but I'm still looking for one! -Jim
  13. J

Pair of JBL CBT-70J-1 Speakers in as-new condition

Hey all I have a pair of as-new JBL CBT-70J-1 speakers. These are the same model very-positively tested by Amir. They are in black and include all the original packaging. I wish I had the right setup for them as they sounded awesome when I tried them out (for about 2 hours). They are...
Top Bottom