Recent content by JDRCapeCod

1. JDRCapeCod

NAD C658 Streaming DAC Review

I ended up replacing mine with an NAD M33. I feel the C658 is a better device since the phono stage on my M33 is digital and doesn't have enough gain when using Dirac.
  2. JDRCapeCod

I no longer have mine, but it never gave me a problem. I would purchase it with confidence.
  3. JDRCapeCod

NAD M33 phono stage question for owners

Good observation. I just changed over to a different turntable (now a Thorens TD-126 MkIII with a Grado Green cartridge) and the output is great. The Grado have 5mv of output, which is a lot better than the 2.2mv from the B&O MMC3. I was thinking about experimenting with an MC cartridge. It...
  4. JDRCapeCod

I was looking at this between the TT output and the phono input since I can trim it to ensure it doesn't overload...
  5. JDRCapeCod

Thanks for your reply. Since listening to records is not my main choice I will probably not invest a lot in addressing the issue. I just hear such great things about the phono stage on this unit that it seems crazy not to enjoy it. I might buy the NAD 588 turntable, which should work! Output...
  6. JDRCapeCod

It is 2.2mv, I have the documentation. With the MC input the tonal balance is way off. I am not blaming the speakers,, but I think it's the combination of the two (low output and low efficiency), it all works great with anything but phono. I have an output phono stage with gain control that I...
  7. JDRCapeCod

Hi, I recently set up my NAD M33 and I am very impressed with it, but I have a question regarding the phono stage. I am driving a pair of KEF LS-50 Meta speakers, with a KC-62 subwoofer and the output is excellent with everything except the phono input. I have a B&O TX-2 turntable with a...
  8. JDRCapeCod

SOLD-FS-NAD C658 like new with full Dirac license $1100

I am selling my NAD C658 Preamp/Streamer. I have been very happy with this product and have had no issues at all. I am the original owner and purchased it brand new, not refurbished. This includes the full Dirac license ($100 value), which I will transfer to the buyer. All original...
  9. JDRCapeCod

Sold: Benchmark AHB2 with a 10ft. pair of Benchmark NL2 to Banana speaker cables $2500

Absolutely mint Benchmark AHB2 with a 10 foot pair of Benchmark speaker cables that are NL2 to Banana. These cables plug directly into the amplifier and use locking banana plug to the speakers. The amplifier is in the silver and black finish. I am the original owner and never had an issue with...
  10. JDRCapeCod

I have been using this device, without issue, for a while now and have not experienced any issues with it. I would be surprised if lack of supply is based on issues with the device. Just my 2 cents.
  11. JDRCapeCod

I find the headphone output to be quite good. I use it with a pair of Sen HD-800 and a pair of Audeze LCD-X. The Dirac is applied to the headphone output but you can turn it off when listening to headphones. I am torn if this is good or bad. I like it since it does allow you to custom tailor...
  12. JDRCapeCod

I purchased the umik-1 and will be completing a new calibration. Without Dirac I can hear that I have some phase issues at certain frequencies. I am hoping for a good result (changed furniture in the room and then heard the issue). Reading through the Dirac manual I see that they recommend...
  13. JDRCapeCod

Can anyone comment regarding the quality of the included calibration microphone? I see that there is a mic calibration file that can be downloaded from the NAD site, but it is not unique to each mic. I am curious if using something like a Dayton UMM-6 or a MiniDSP UMIK-1 would deliver a...
  14. JDRCapeCod

Suggestions for preamp/DAC for AHB2-looking to upgrade from NAD C658

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday using Dirac and fine tuning the system. I have a strange room where the ceiling is very low (6'2") and the room is shoebox shaped. I had large floor standing speakers before (Def Tech Mythos ST-L) and they were trapped and needed to be out from the back...
  15. JDRCapeCod

Suggestions for preamp/DAC for AHB2-looking to upgrade from NAD C658

I do like that unit, but it doesn't have all of the functionality I need. Thanks for the input!
Top Bottom