Recent content by jayadubya

1. jayadubya

Audio stutters with USB Dacs on Macbook M1 Pro

Very much like, and now 3 hours into Sonoma I have had zero stutters. It looks like they tackled this! I will be interested to see if I'm still having issues with my USB external keyboard, which was periodically disconnecting, while connected. Fingers crossed! Is that that end of this thread...
  2. jayadubya

Excited to hear this about the Sonoma Beta! It makes a lot of sense that they'd be able to do a hot fix to at least try to tackle this in the beta program. I had it installed while I was working with the apple support tech and he said, not surprisingly, that they wouldn't be able to do any tech...
  3. jayadubya

I think there is a minor improvement under certain situations, but it always comes back. If I fully shut down chrome then re-open, and keep the window count low it's fairly stable. But it feels like I'm using windows 3.1 at that point!
  4. jayadubya

Sudo Purge was also my drag name in college. Neat! But in all seriousness, I did do this, and when I have audio playing there's a 'click' that I hear, then audio continues. Watching Activity Monitor, however, I don't see any change in the memory pressure.
  5. jayadubya

That's exactly what I think the issue is as well. Many DACs have bluetooth, and I think most users would just opt for that over a wired connection. But serious musicians, audio mixers, technicians, editors, and audiophiles... gotta be a few thousand of those!
  6. jayadubya

I was having a great time chatting with apple support, then it went over to "engineering" and it's been radio silence since then. Sadness!
  7. jayadubya

Dang it. FWIW, I've been in a long-term, tiresome set of calls with Apple Support. They are very nice, and each time it seems to be getting closer to "We're building the report for our engineers" and I can sometimes tell they are having a live chat with an engineering group, because they'll come...
  8. jayadubya

Sonoma! My home county. Could this be the fix?
  9. jayadubya

Man, that firmware update for the FiioK7 is a pain in the butt. I got it and tried to flash it on my Windows machine, but I just couldn't get it to work. The cable adapter just floats inside these pin holes and doesn't make contact. It was seriously user-unfriendly! But I don't think it would...
  10. jayadubya

I too struggle enormously to figure out how to use Element and Soundsource together, and Blackhole for that matter. I've tried to find a YT video explainer, but they all seem to be ultra technical DAW things, and I get lost fast :( I actually appreciate that it isn't all that technical, but...
  11. jayadubya

I've still been waiting for Apple Customer Support to get back to me. It's been a bit of a Sh!tshow, honestly. They promise to tackle an issue, offer a direct contact, and then they just fade away. Not what I expected from Apple. For now, I've just been plugging directly into the 3.5mm jack on...
  12. jayadubya

That's an interesting situation... I know my FiiO K7 has a ridiculous USB A plug, which makes me think it's inferior somehow. But I get the exact same issues when I plug either my FiiO BTR7 or BTR5 directly into the MacBook. It also happened with previous DACs that I tried. You haven't been...
  13. jayadubya

The other advice was to try a fresh, new admin account, and that's had the same effect as far as I can tell. A few intermittent skips, almost all when I'm carrying out actions within Chrome or Safari. I'll keep updating as I dig into this with the Apple Rep. I think I was able to figure out...
  14. jayadubya

Welp, I've (currently) fixed the problem! After a long session with Apple's senior support folks, I went into a full safeboot, had my USB DAC plugged in, opened Tidal and no audio skipping. I'm kind of thrilled, because this has been driving me crazy for months now. That's obviously not a...
  15. jayadubya

@IHeartAudio - I opened a ticket with Apple, and coincidentally I'm talking to an engineer at some point today (or a help rep). I took it to a genius bar, which solved nothing, but they were interested in tracking it down and troubleshooting. The customer service person I talked to didn't seem...
Top Bottom