Recent content by jamesyaol

1. J

Need your suggestion for setup stereo+HT

Update :) DAC topping 70s($850) for stereo and H951BT($110) for HT is my choice. I bought H951BT first and it arrives later than Topping from local. I am very satisfied for both. The cable switch is done by the remote power switch. So, if I want HT, I need to push on button on remote power...
  2. J

Surprising Amplifiers - If I cannot tell, they are same, right?

I like to share some experience and opinions... I bought 3 AMPs, $3000, $100 and $120. All Class D. With the low DB (Ave DB 80 at my seat), I cannot tell the difference. Are they same? Recently I switched my HT to Stereo+, So I bought $3000(300W) for Front. $100(120W) for center and later I...
  3. J

Hi raton, Thanks for your post. How will you resolve input for subwoofer? subwoofer took L/R direct rca (it will always have signal)out from amp on stereo, in ht, it should take subwoofer out. Audio selector for subwoofer will not work for HT, All input has singal.
  4. J

Thanks for all ideas. My original intention is spend most on music and save most on TH(AV), now it seems go nowhere especially only me in the family can plug/unplug AMP+Subwoofer to make it work :(. I think, the best solution is marantz av preamp, 7706 CAD$2500(or 7705 which is best only...
  5. J

Hi, I decided to upgrade from the receiver ... to setup an audio system with mostly music (stereo 2.1) and some movie(5.1). I have a media player (zidoo UHD3000) with a bad DAC module (very bad). It works fine as media player with HDMI/optical output. I have C298 for L/R main speakers. I bought...
Top Bottom