Recent content by jadenphan

1. J

Advice Needed: Sonus Faber Soneta V vs Revel F206

I see. I mostly watch movies and listen to edm. I am just afraid the signature coloration of Sonus Faber, though pleasant as it is, may not be best suited for my needs and usage. Wish we have specific comparable measurement of the Sonetto V to have a clearer look:)
  2. J

It does seem like Revel wins at everything haha
  3. J

Ah, thank you for the explanation. I think I may have heard about this layout info from Erin before. Hmm, at the current price and discounts from the Revel (4.25k, do you think its in good value?
  4. J

Do you think the high treble characteristic will make these speakers only good in certain music genres like (jazz, vocal, instrumental, etc)? Will it be good for movies?
  5. J

I am using Denon X3600H and Nc252mp amp. The center comes with Sonetto is the 3 way Center II. Do you think it still comes up short compared to the C208?
  6. J

C208! Mostly Home Theater, room is about 9x12x15. I do play at a slightly loud level.
  7. J

Hi all, I’m debating between Revel F206 and center channel which would cost about 4.5k, versus used Sonus Faber Soneta V and matching center for $4k that I can get from a local store. I was able to audition SF but not the Revel, so I can’t tell which sounds I like better. What is your opinion? :)
  8. J

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

Thank you all. Happy to report that after I updated firmware to 2.02, the glitching noise issue has not come back! It’s certainly weird. I will keep monitoring and make sure this is not due to defectives in the product I receive.
  9. J

Thank you for your advice. I am connecting the M4 to JBL using balanced TRS -> XLR (Monoprice premier cables). I just figured out the firmware update, and was able to make the update from 2.00 -> 2.02. I am testing on my Windows device again now, and will test on my Mac again. But do you think...
  10. J

Hi all, I just recently got a Motu M4 - (not sure which version, but seller (Focus Camera) said they received the stock this year). My previous setup was Topping E30/L30 to JBL 305P. Now, I use M4 as DAC to replace E30, and connect it directly to JBL 305P. I am, however, encountering constant...
  11. J

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Thank guys, I will come back with an update if anything is out of the norms!
  12. J

Ahh, that makes lots of sense!! Sockets vs plugs... Thank you for the suggestion. I will measure this time to see how quick and how hot it gets. Is there a benchmark I can base off of to see whether the temp is within the tolerance?
  13. J

Thank you for your insights. I think the crackling was indeed caused by my adapter as when I changed to a different one, the crackling is gone. However, I am not sure if the brand new socket has anything to do with this as well? I question this because I was using the very same adapter with my...
  14. J

I have the 250 ohm version, so not too low of an impedance. I mean, it just seems kinda hot even when in standby mode or preamp mode. But maybe that's normal for this model?
  15. J

I just swapped out a different 1/4 inch headphone adapter, and it seems to help with the crackling. Interesting... I will keep an eye out for any other crackling. Regarding temperature, probably there's not much to do about it? I am just afraid under long uses, it will incur some damages with...
Top Bottom