Recent content by JackStraw5877

1. J

SMSL M500 MKII Review (DAC & HP Amp)

OK you’re getting called out on this one… Lumping products (“HiFi”) manufactured in a specific country of origin (“Chinese”) together by designating them “Chinese Hifi” is not racism. Not. At. All. If I described Benchmark, Vandersteen, Klipsch, etc. together by the short hand “American...
  2. J

Tube Rolling: Does it Make a Difference?

Ok I am supremely grateful to you, Amir, and to many others for the participation and education. This is the last time I can stand you responding this way to a decent objection to your analysis. This isn't how science works. It's just plain awful. Sorry man, it's awful. Mods, somebody, please...
  3. J

Poll: Revel 226Be + sub or Revel 228Be (no sub)

Everyone's been extremely helpful. Thank you all... I believe this gives me enough to be dangerous for now.
  4. J

Question: Would adding a MiniDSP in place of the DAC3 also render the HPA4 obsolete (disregarding the headphone output of the HPA4 for a moment)? So MacBook Air > MiniDSP (XLR out to subs) > AHB2 (SpeakOn out to F226Be's)? This reduction in cables and components seems good, and perhaps the...
  5. J

Your sentiment seems unanimous, abdo123. I appreciate your perspective as well. Per Sancus's suggestion and sweetchaos's listed spreadsheet I have begun honing in on Rhythmik subs for this application if I go that route. I like what I'm seeing on their website so far.
  6. J

Haha Jay, appreciate y'all setting me straight on this. I was suspicious and have since officially retired this as an option (thankfully as this saves a fair bit of $$$).
  7. J

Thanks Steve, I was hoping to hear from someone that MAY have voted for the F228Be (no sub) option; it sounds like proper integration is not a trivial factor... appreciate the feedback. EDIT: I am approximately 30 days from being able to execute on this, and thus, my listening position can be...
  8. J

Could I slide a MiniDSP SHD into the chain IN PLACE of the DAC3 to use as my DSP/crossover AND my DAC (for the 226Be + sub scenario)? If yes, would there be any inherent advantages of doing so?
  9. J

Thank you Sancus... Would/could/should a miniDSP negate the DAC3 or work with it? I suppose I should do more research into implementing DSP into the system.
  10. J

... might be high-time to tell my folks "don't mind the noise, your son is just blasting out some walls to make room for higher SPL"... Thanks again. That's all great insight and very helpful.
  11. J

Thanks for the feedback. In your view, hypothetically, approximately how much larger would my room have to be for you to consider voting for the 228's with no sub?
  12. J

Dear members, I have been reading the forums here exhaustively and studying frequency response graphs, etc., and I simply cannot come to a good conclusion about which might be better for my space. I'm very curious what the readership here has to say about it so I decided to make a quick poll...
  13. J

What are we listening to right now..

One more that I'm digging on right now from John McEuen (one of the founding members of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band)... I'm finding the placement of the instruments and background vocals in the mix is addictive. Hopefully one of y'all get as much enjoyment out of these as I am getting right now:
Top Bottom