Recent content by jackenhack

1. jackenhack

Octave Music Don Grusin High Resolution Music Analysis (Video)

You can still download MusicScope and use it without a license. The company has folded, so it's not like you steal from them. https://sourceforge.net/projects/xivero-audio-tools/
  2. jackenhack

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Yeah, you're absolutely right. Too fast checking the prices.
  3. jackenhack

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

After adding balanced out and Dirac room correction, the price is very close to the MiniDSP SHD Studio. Bummer. I think I'll go with the SHD.
  4. jackenhack

Revel F228Be Review (Speaker)

I managed to get hold of a pair of used Revel Performa3 208 speakers. That was an upgrade! But I wish that they were white like these. Gorgeous!
  5. jackenhack

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

I find it quite funny that some people think that when they use a power bank, they get clean DC voltage directly from the battery. All power banks use a buck converter. Also battery over voltage and current protection. The Topping D50 handles noise on the DC input very well. So you're just...
  6. jackenhack

Panasonic RP-TCM125 Review (Budget IEM)

After using EQ with Roon on my Sennheiser 5XX, 650 and Audeze LCD-2 Classic, there's no going back. If one of the Cinese manufacturers would make a good portable DAC/amp combo with real PEQ, I would happily go back to wired headphones when on the go.
  7. jackenhack

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

If they just could have working with Roon, I would buy it immediately. I usually do a search every other week to check the status. This unit would be perfect for my living room stereo.
  8. jackenhack

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

Thanks for the RCA measurements! Unemployed at the moment, but still worth supporting this forum by Patreon.
  9. jackenhack

Sony NW-A105 Digital Audio Player Review

The EU cap is such a stupid idea that the mind boggles. Just look around on any public transport and see how many uses the included earbuds versus upgraded headphones. I can only speak for Sweden, but I would guess that somewhere around 70% have replaced the headphones. And with better...
  10. jackenhack

NAD C658 Streaming DAC Review

Why aren't there any decent audio streamers with Dirac Live or other corrections? I refuse to buy a unit "blind" without a thorough measurement by @amirm. After finding this site, I only purchase equipment that's been tested here. I haven't been disappointed yet, every piece of gear works great...
  11. jackenhack

Auralic LEO GX DAC Clock Review

Well, if you want to go crazy, just get a used rubidium atomic clock or GPSDO from eBay for a pittance. Connect it to my frequency generator card, where you can get eight different frequencies at 0 PPM and replace all your oscillators in your DAC. It won't sound better, but it will be insanely...
  12. jackenhack

SMSL M500 Teardown & ESS ES9038Pro DAC Thermal Analysis

It would be kind of interesting to see how it performs with a heat sink mounted.
  13. jackenhack

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

I hate to say it, but it has pretty decent performance overall. I am still hoping for a reasonably priced amplifier a bit closer to the THX unit.
  14. jackenhack

Measuring RME ADI-2 Pro with QuantAsylum QA401

And when doing balanced, you don’t need to terminate at all.
Top Bottom