Recent content by Iridist

1. Iridist

Topping A70 Pro & E50 for balanced Studio Monitor and Headphone audio?

So I'm planning on the getting Adam T7V's + T10S Sub and Arya Stealth's, and I'm leaning toward using balanced audio between both. My question is, would the A70 Pro & E50 combo work for this sufficiently as the amp, preamp and dac with balanced outs for monitors and headphones (Source > E50 >...
  2. Iridist

WiiM Amp + Topping L30 II, or something else?

Doing more research it seems as the WiiM Amp can't be used with a Headphone Amp, whoopsie. If that's the case, would I be better off getting something like a WiiM Pro Plus + Fosi V3 + Topping L30 II? Or maybe even a WiiM Mini + Topping E30/L30 Stack + Fosi V3? So many options! Also, probably a...
  3. Iridist

WiiM Amp + Topping L30 II, or something else?

About a month into my research on all of this, there are so many options I barely know where to begin. Decided on getting the KEF Q150s + RSL Speedwoofer 10s MKII (maybe a second one down the line) for a Desktop setup in a smallish sized bedroom, as well as something along the lines of a Meze...
  4. Iridist

AMP/DAC stacks that also have a Speaker AMP?

This looks quite nice, thanks! Don't mean to sound redundant, but I'd assume they would work well with ananda's and kef q150's? And I'm also not too familiarized with comparing amp or dac chips, how does the amp/dac performance of the ao300 compare to lets say the topping 30 ii stack? And the...
  5. Iridist

oh cool, a triple combo unit didnt even cross my mind. how would they compare dedicated units (stacks)? i can see they're less expensive, would they be alright to power Ananda Nano's and KEF Q150's well?
  6. Iridist

So I'm looking at a pair of headphones (maybe the Ananda Nano's) as well as a set of passive speakers for nearfield listening at a desktop setup (KEF Q150's). So far I've considered the Topping E30 II/L30 II Stack, JDS Atom 2 Stack, and Schiit Modi/Magni Stack. But then I came across the SMSL...
  7. Iridist

Best headphones in the $500-$800ish range?

Thank you all for the great replies, upon doing more research i decided i'll try and find an audio shop or it other to try headphones on in person instead.
  8. Iridist

Thank you guys for the replies. I'm now thinking that maybe I wouldn't be getting as significant of an upgrade from the 560S as I thought, so I might save up longer and get a pair of more high-end headphones to use for a long time instead of worrying about what I'm missing out on/replacing it...
  9. Iridist

I've seen these mentioned before, how do they compare to something in a higher price range? (such as $600ish)
  10. Iridist

Been using a pair of Sennheiser HD560S for a bit over a year now, they sound good but I think I'm ready to upgrade. So far I've narrowed down my options to these (lowest to highest $): - Verum One MKII - $350 - HiFiman Edition XS - $380 - Audeze MM-100 - $400 - HiFiman Ananda Stealth - $400 -...
Top Bottom