Recent content by howard416

1. H

MiniDSP Flex HTx Measurement (FW1.1.17 Update)

What might help is if you make the x and y axes the same on the before and after versions of the graphs? Initially, I thought the "fixed" performance was worse.
  2. H

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

Nah, the shadow doesn’t even look right. You can see 360 around the switch itself
  3. H

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

OK, I guess as long we are all OK with calling input attenuators gain controls, and *definitely* not volume knobs. "Exact same outcome" is another one of those things that you might want to mean one thing, but then someone else doesn't see it the same way. For example, a Class D amp vs a Class...
  4. H

I keep seeing that amplifier knobs control gain. I would like to see one such knob that actually does that, rather than the usual voltage divider that attenuates input signal
  5. H

Your note still says otherwise? "03/19/2024 Revision 3: Updated measurements of FW 1.1.17. Sadly, the Multitone issue still persist."
  6. H

Anyone know when the latest batch is shipping? Also, has anyone recreated Erin’s issue where the amp doesn’t work with 4 ohm stereo loads?
  7. H

Heat pipe cooling in power amps

Sold it... so he gave you the proceeds in full, plus at least interest for your trouble, right?
  8. H

Which one would you choose?

Buy the most expensive one you like.
  9. H

JDS Atom Amp 2 Headphone Amplifier Review

Does anybody know if the RCA out is affected by the low/high gain setting? Or is that just for the 1/4" output?
  10. H

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

Yeah, you could get a PA5 II, but I'll laugh when you try to return it.
  11. H

What if you start a fire because something was wrapped up and couldn't cool down?
  12. H

Interestingly, the A70 has better higher-frequency sweeps than the PA7 Plus, although the latter has slightly better multi-tone IMD performance. I strongly doubt you would be able to hear any difference between the A70 and the PA5, and possibly even the A300 when thrown into the mix. Except for...
  13. H

I wonder if they'll sell this without the power supply. I have a 48 VDC unit that I could hook up.
  14. H

Thanks for the great work! In your view, is there a practical fix for the relatively high IMD when utilizing up to all 8 output channels?
  15. H

8 Channel amp: Buckeye vs VTV vs Monoprice

Looks fine to me. I don't stare at my audio equipment. :)
Top Bottom