Recent content by hidehide

1. H

IK Multimedia iLoud MTM Review (active monitor)

Did they raise the price? It’s USD399 for one now.
  2. H

KRK RP5 vs Kali LP6 for music listening

Thanks. That makes perfect sense!
  3. H

Yes. Not planning to add a sub. The only thing I’m not sure is if LP6 provides the same punch as KRK.. for sure the LP6 goes low (6.5” vs 5”)..
  4. H

Hello. I’m planning to get a studio monitor for desktop listening (nearfield). I mainly listen to edm and heavy metal songs and in a small room (1.9m x 2.8m). So mid bass and bass is the most important spectrum of my listening. I have read tons of reviews and learnt that LP6 is a better monitor...
  5. H

Topping E50 / L50 Impressions

Same requirement and now I’m looking at Aune X8 + Aune X7s. It has a much nicer volume knob in both dac and headphone amp. The dac has preamp and balanced output for active monitors. However, the connection from the dac to headphone is single ended.
  6. H

Aune X1s GT Review (DAC & Amp)

Same here. Love the look and the volume knob, unlike the clicky Dx3Pro+ which will skip occasionally. I’m looking at the Aune X8 + X7s.. not sure if Dx3Pro+ is better than that stack or not..
  7. H

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

This and the volume knob alone might steer me towards the JDS EL stack…
  8. H

I find that it is common issue for China product that doesn’t have a proper volume knob. My car’s dsd player always failed to register the turn I made. Is there any better option out there?
  9. H

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

Thanks for the graph! So basically L50 has a more powerful headphone amp.. I will using it for a LCD3 pre-fazor (which optimal power is 1-4W) and also be using it as a dac/preamp for studio monitor which has TRS balanced input. So basically the only advantage of DX7 Pro over E50/L50 stack is...
  10. H

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

By looking at the spec sheet, the output under 32 ohms and 300 ohms from the L50 is higher than the Dx7 Pro even though it’s single ended. Does that mean the L50 headphone amp is more powerful than the Dx7 Pro? If so, E50/L50 stack seems to be better than the Dx7 Pro, except there are no volume...
  11. H

I really can’t understand why most China made product doesn’t have a proper volume knob…
  12. H

Topping E50 / L50 Impressions

Actually the E50 has preamp functionality and you can control the volume with the remote control. But it would much better if we can have a physical knob..
  13. H

Interesting on the E50 + L50 as separate should be better than AIO. I see the E50 only has one balanced TRS output and one SE RCA output. So either the speaker or the headphone amp will need to be sacrificed to use SE input? Edit: Sorry, I missed out the pass through on the L50. So E50+L50...
  14. H

What will be your take if I need a balanced output for active speaker as well? Planning to get the Focal Alpha 65 Evo and would also need a dac + headphone amp for my LCD-3.
  15. H

Focal Alpha 65 EVO Review (Studio Monitor)

I’m confused. Is the Focal a nearfield monitor? Why are they comparing it with midfield monitor? And comparing a gbp600 speaker with a gbp32,000 speaker just doesn’t make any sense. Would like to know if there any better option within the same price point.
Top Bottom