Recent content by Hear Here

1. H

Roon Nucleus One

That's good to know. I'm hesitant about adopting Roon as there's the Nucleus to purchase (the One version looks attractive and sensibly priced) and a monthly subscription. I'm also doubtful that it betters the BluOS control app except that it offers its "radio" feature that I'd find useful...
  2. H

Roon Nucleus One

Thanks - that's disappointing. So what connections to the streamer are required? Mine has no USB input, apart from one for USB sticks - the wrong sort I believe. Can Nucleus be connected only to the router and the streamer also just connected to the router?
  3. H

Roon Nucleus One

OK, Roon experts, let me ask a really basic question. Can Roon Nucleus or equivalent be set up in such a way that it just finds music (from Qobuz, NAS drive, etc) and tells the streamer to go for the files? In other words, can you set up Nucleus in such a way that Roon never handles the signal...
  4. H

Adding a DAC to NAD M33 makes sense?

Isn't there a contradiction here? If you have a good amp that delivers a nice flat frequency response and good speakers that produce a response-flat sound, there's no need to bugger up the amp's nice flat output because your room isn't perfect. You rightly say, put money into room treatment -...
  5. H

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

Why sell the M50.2? It duplicates nothing with the M66 apart from the streamer feature. The M50.2 will PLAY a CD, it will RIP a CD, it will STORE the digital files of a CD on its twin hard drives. The M66 does none of these. But perhaps you are ditching hard media and relying totally on...
  6. H

NAD M66 (vs NAD M33 and M10V2)

Are you sure the HDMI ARC socket cannot be used to send album artwork to a connected TV? Have you an M66 yourself or is it hearsay? It's a feature I value with my M33, specially when I have visitors. Input gain settings on other M series such as M33, M32, M12 only apply to analogue inputs -...
  7. H

I beg your pardon - I was wrongly referring to its balanced digital outputs. But why would one want an AES/EBU out if the chosen ESS Sable DAC is the best available? Bypassing features within a first-class multi-feature device such as the M66 seems to render its purchase a poor decision. If...
  8. H

I'm looking forward to a "proper" subjective review of the M66 from an acknowledged and respected reviewer. As has already been mentioned in this thread, the differences between good amps is minute and measurements really don't help in assessing the likely satisfaction and excitement the kit...
  9. H

The M66 does offer AES out - for the Main amp (Left and Right) and also for up to 4 subs.
  10. H

I too have the M50.2 but rarely use it now I've ripped all my CDs and I also have the M33. The M33 also sends artwork to a TV's HDMI socket. I prefer not to use the ARC HDMI TV socket as then the TV tends to control the M33. Using a standard HDMI, the M33 (and no doubt the M66) simple uses...
  11. H

Also take a look inside the cases of those 2 amps. The M23 is clearly better built by a margin reflected by its higher price. Also note the difference in output power 200 / 380 for the M amp and 185 / 340 for the C one. Why I can't say, as they both use Purifi's Eigentakt technology, although...
  12. H

I'm also likely to go for the M66 as an upgrade for my M33. However I won't go for the M23. It's clearly over-priced compared with the M33 that I already have and could use as a power amp. However I'll be looking closely at a pair of low-powered GaN FET mono amps at a similar price to the...
  13. H

The M33 is a superb all-in-one, but the M66 will offer better DAC, volume control, etc. The fact that the M33 was awarded its 3 Annual Best of Awards by Stereophile belies the suggestion it may be "vastly inferior" to anything, even the yet-to-be-released M66.
  14. H

FWIW, earlier M Series such as M12 and M32 allowed independent adjustment of XO between Main Out and Sub Out, so overlaps could be set.
  15. H

The M66 has a superior DAC than the M33 - in fact the top DAC from ESS Technology . It has a better volume control, for analogue you can choose to bypass the ADC / DAC so analogue remains analogue, Do a Google search and read about its other features. Also the NAD Press Release (see Darko)...
Top Bottom