Recent content by hdkeith

1. H

Focal Aria vs Arendal 1723(S) ?

I am waiting on my Arendal 1723 Towers/center, but I did demo the Focal 936 and was not impressed, the low end came across boomy and obnoxious , where the Monitor Audio Gold 300 and Silver 500 both had tighter cleaner bottom end. I do not like bottom ported speakers as you have very little...
  2. H

NAS for Music Servers

My NAS is a Windows server I built. It has AMD Ryzen 5900X with 128GB RAM I have 6x1TB SSD Raid 5 and then 11 x 8TB WD Gold Raid 6. I use a LSI 16 port RAID adapter I got off E-bay. I run several VMs and one is the Emby and Plex VM that serves all my movies, music, tv shows to my Shields and...
  3. H

Arendal 1961 Bookshelf review (by Erin)

I don’t think anyone said the on axis determines quality, it does contribute to how well any speaker may or may not sound to the listener. A person needs to u derstand how to potion speakers and themselves to get the most of their speakers. Any speaker well outside the on-axis area will likely...
  4. H

Arendal 1961 Bookshelf review (by Erin)

The key to any speaker, whether you do horizontal or vertical, is understanding the off axis response and positioning and seating accordingly.
  5. H

Arendal Sound

I pulled the trigger on 1723 Towers/Center then 1723S for front elevations/heights and 2 pair of 1961 heights to use as side/rear surrounds. The price increase prodded me to act as I was going back and forth with Monitor Audio Silver 500 7G set up, but that would have bene $200 more than the...
  6. H

Arendal Sound

Any real owners of the 1723 towers want to chime in on their impressions? I do mostly movie, but some hi-rez multichannel and looking at the 1723 Towers/Center and then 1961 heights as surrounds.
  7. H

NEWS: monolith amp with Hypex amplification!

While I do. Or own one, I was close to ordering the Monoprice M8250X, they recently had $300 off and offer free shipping on it. My guess is they are not selling as well as they thought. Their price point is a bit higher than what you can find from Internet Direct sellers, but what I will say is...
  8. H

Monitor Audio Silver 500 7g

Ah, did not realize you were in Europe. We do,have a few ai twenty Direct brands here that make for very good cost effective high value options.
  9. H

Do not overlook PSA subs, I have been impressed with mine for over 7 years and they have made even more refinement since then.
  10. H

I am sure the Silvers would be fine as my Klipsch so fine in this room on the low end. Not sure how the Gold 200 would sound, but I am sure the Gold 300 would be fine as well.
  11. H

This is old, the subs are inside the L/R for the last few years. I do like volume, not unusual for me to be listening to music in the _80db range or even 90s with peaks over 100. I do run the sub 6db hot.
  12. H

Oh I have dual PSA V1800 subs so below 100Hz is not usually a concern for me, as I usually leave the sub in play with 2CH listening, but was going to try it without the sub. The Gold, Martin Logan ribbon tweeters are very appealing having heard both. I was tempted with the Ascend Acoustics...
  13. H

I just got back from on minutes of Gold vs Silver auditioning. I started with the Gold 200 vs. Silver 500. Started with wanting to focus on the tweeter and mids so used Nils Lofgren Keith Don’t Go as it is an amazing acoustic recording. I played it several times on each speaker. With this track...
  14. H

I did not find that it looked cheap. I had auditioned the Focal 836 and 936 and they had good highs, but the 826 sounded hollow(resonance)when push and the 936 sounded like a boom box with uncontrolled boomy lows that overwhelmed led the speaker. I was thinking about Plk but talk about cheap...
  15. H

need help pulling the trigger, please advise

Just saw this thread, my short list is Monitor Audio Silver 500 7G, Arendale 1723 Towers, and Martin Logan 60XTi/50XTi. I have auditioned the Monitor Audio Silver 500 7G and even the Gold 300 and the Martin Logan 60XTi/50XTi. There is some appeal of the Arendale based on all the reviews I have...
Top Bottom