• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Arendal Sound

squeedle

Arendal seems to offer a 60-day free trial with free shipping (I think), so anyone interested in reviewing them should be able to do so without any special arrangement...

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Arendal seems to offer a 60-day free trial with free shipping (I think), so anyone interested in reviewing them should be able to do so without any special arrangement...
Sure but @amirm already stated many times that he won't buy anything only in intend to review, then return. Considering the amount of products he review per year, it is easy to understand why.

paulgyro

It's not a free shipping return. For the US shipping back is about $350. Not horrible for such and extended trial period. I have mine on order, should get delivered this month.

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I really enjoyed reading that review. Will have to look up more of James Larson's work.

What a great speaker!

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
James Larson measured the 1723 S Towers.

Wow, what a thorough and informative review! Thanks for posting it.

hdkeith

Any real owners of the 1723 towers want to chime in on their impressions? I do mostly movie, but some hi-rez multichannel and looking at the 1723 Towers/Center and then 1961 heights as surrounds.

hdkeith

I pulled the trigger on 1723 Towers/Center then 1723S for front elevations/heights and 2 pair of 1961 heights to use as side/rear surrounds. The price increase prodded me to act as I was going back and forth with Monitor Audio Silver 500 7G set up, but that would have bene $200 more than the Arendal and I believe the Arendal front stage will be a bit better due to the identical drivers in the center, even though it is MTM and 2.5 way (L/R) vs. 3 way complete front stag on the Silvers.

Buckeye

Hello,

I got the 1723 towers, center and 4 surrounds in January. I am happy with them. Mainly movie watching with some music. These things are built like tanks. The link below shows my setup. Got a discount for showing my system.

Ashley Salmond

Forum Donor
Hi to you all, I have bought the Arendal 1723 S THX and I can thoroughly recommend these. The base is so punchy and the mid to highs are crystal clear . The best part is the listener fatigue and this is where I fell it counts. My experience is that the sound is so well balanced that I can say no listener fatigue. You know,you buy these of specs and reviews and always a Risk,but the team at Arendal haven't let me down. Also the delivery was earlier than quoted.

willy65000

Anyone have any experience with the little Arendal 1961 Bookshelf?
I've been looking for a small sealed monitor with good directivity to use near/on wall with 1 or 2 compact subs (looking at SVS 3000 Micro).
Looks like a good modern passive alternative to the ol' ls3/5a in a way...
I've been using the 1961 bookshelves for the last month and a half and think they're great. Nice detail without any listening fatigue. The build quality is excellent too with a really solid cabinet. They're sitting on a pair of diy bass modules and were easy to integrate.

Attachments

• IMG_20220921_160900954.jpg
    IMG_20220921_160900954.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 195
They build them in China.
I read that on their site and it also said something to the effect of that the oem manufacturer they use is arguably the best one in China but then they don't name it. I am now curious as to which one they are referring to and what makes them arguably the best in China. That's a pretty bold statement to make but then not say the name.

Buckeye

I doubt Arendal will name their manufacturer. Seems common for companies to claim they are the best. The only way to confirm these statements is to physically see the construction and measure the product.

SynthesisCinema

I read that on their site and it also said something to the effect of that the oem manufacturer they use is arguably the best one in China but then they don't name it. I am now curious as to which one they are referring to and what makes them arguably the best in China. That's a pretty bold statement to make but then not say the name.

Perlisten company owner Dan Roamer has been linked to Arendal products. Dan worked at/with Claridy Audio and InterSource OEM long time. Claridy Audio has been linked to Monoprice THX, SVS and XTZ Sound products. As @Buckeye said it´s tough to get confirmation.

As for build construction / quality Audioholics reviews for both series is good place to start. 1723 speakers has been out since 2015 and if you have doubts ask directly from owners. Arendal site has community and there is at least three other audio forums with owners threads.

Buckeye

Perlisten company owner Dan Roamer has been linked to Arendal products. Dan worked at/with Claridy Audio and InterSource OEM long time. Claridy Audio has been linked to Monoprice THX, SVS and XTZ Sound products. As @Buckeye said it´s tough to get confirmation.

As for build construction / quality Audioholics reviews for both series is good place to start. 1723 speakers has been out since 2015 and if you have doubts ask directly from owners. Arendal site has community and there is at least three other audio forums with owners threads.
I have the 1723’s and they are built extremely well. Exactly what has been explained in all of the reviews.

paulgyro

I have the 1723’s and they are built extremely well. Exactly what has been explained in all of the reviews.
Agreed! Amazing build quality and attention to detail...very surprising at the price point they are. Did I mention Zero plastic in the whole build?

Descartes

Major Contributor
I’m very tempted it’s just I’m not sure I want to pay for a return shipping

Top Bottom