Recent content by Hamish (the dog)

1. Hamish (the dog)

New Raspberry Pi 4 with 8 gigs ram

Wish I would have seen this earlier, as I just purchased two RPi 4s. One is setup as a headless music server (they are perfect for that) and the second as a pi-hole for ad blocking and will also configure to be an AirPlay receiver. RPIs are great little tools.
  2. Hamish (the dog)

A Copy of SMSL SP200?

I remembered seeing this post a while ago when I spotted this today: https://drop.com/buy/f-audio-am01-headphone-amp As an SP200 owner, I can say there are some definite differences, but the physical resemblance is pretty striking. SP200 only has 1/4” and XLR output, and no 3.5 input either...
  3. Hamish (the dog)

Your "Desert Island" Album

I have no doubt that I would choose:
  4. Hamish (the dog)

Show Us Your Headphone Stand

I like that solution. It elevates headphones to the level of fine art, which is really where they belong.
  5. Hamish (the dog)

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Very cool thread. There is a lot of good stuff here to listen to and explore. The love and appreciation for music and sound quality is what keeps me coming back to this forum. I’ll throw my hat into the ring here with a few that I have recently discovered: Tunng - Songs You Make at Night...
  6. Hamish (the dog)

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Yes, so it is. I should have double checked that first before commenting. Well either way, I’m pretty anxious to get them in hand soon-ish. It will be my first experience with planars, which I am almost ashamed to admit on this forum. It’s been a slow journey for me through the world of...
  7. Hamish (the dog)

I have the re-boot version of the Oppo PM1 on order, the Drop Panda wireless. Never had a chance to hear the original, but decided to take a chance on the Drop version. The posted FR looks promising, and the built in THX AAA amp is appealing. I will know if it was the right choice sometime in...
  8. Hamish (the dog)

Best full sized passive noise isolation headphone WITH active noise cancellation? (Under $100)

Sony WH-H900N are pretty easy to find around $100, have decent noise cancelling, and sound pretty darn good. They have a bit of boost on the low end, but not overpowering or bloated. I think they have around 30+ hours battery life too. I bought a pair a year or two ago and have not regretted...
  9. Hamish (the dog)

Show Us Your Headphone Stand

Here is my headphone “stand” ;)
  10. Hamish (the dog)

The most overrated and underrated headphone you tried?

I won’t say it is over or underrated, but a headphone that I think deserves more attention is the Koss KPH30i. It is a pleasant sounding, warm, easy to drive open headphone that does a lot of things right for only $20-30. I haven’t seen any non-oem supplies measurements, so maybe it has some...
  11. Hamish (the dog)

Current headphones are: Sennheiser HD 6XX Beyerdynamic DT 177X Koss KPH30i (a couple pairs) Thinksound ON2 (these are probably going soon) Macaw GT 600S iems VE Monk Plus Sony WH-H900N Dedicated HP setup: SGD1 -> SMSL SP200 -> (joy) The Koss were the first pair of headphones I had that didn’t...
Top Bottom