Recent content by H-RYCAJ

1. H

Totem Acoustics Rainmaker Speaker Review

Saw this one coming. Edit: 1000$ says the advert for this speaker had a pretty lady or two.
  2. H

Mono class D that can ''match'' my stereo AMP.

Is that amp mislabled? Shouldn't it be producing 1200W per channel as its a 1200AS2 MODULE? https://icepoweraudio.com/buy/as-series/1200as2/
  3. H

Where to buy plate amps for subwoofers (Canada)

Poor use of words on my end meant distortion, but I never checked the amp's specs to see if it's even audible.
  4. H

Pardon my ignorance. How do I safely connect the amp module to the sub and run white noise to test the dB without blowing it up accidentally. Does the amp module always run at full power?
  5. H

Im using a denon x3500 as a 2.2 stystem. Using one sub out connected to a minidsp HD. I could use the minidsp HD to limit volume couldn't I>?
  6. H

How would I volume match or even lower/increase volume going this route? I can grab the module and case from Ghent. But I have never seen a volume pot.
  7. H

Ah, I see, I have a mini DSP as well, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore. Thanks for the heads up!
  8. H

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

The L200 are on sale for 1200 USD, cheaper than the 200AE. Why did they release this speaker so close to boxing day? https://www.polkaudio.com/en-us/product/bookshelf-speakers/legend-l200
  9. H

Review and Measurements of Crown XLS 1502 Amp

Sarcasm flew over my head. Technically, prices starting from raw materials to end consumer products are part of the discourse in all industries. Amir lists the prices for each item reviewed. If you look at the most recent review, there is a fair bit of discorse relating to the price. I think...
  10. H

Originally was going that route. The only issue is no volume control, would be difficult to adjust the volume independently. Would have to buy some separate plus build the amps. I then saw I could get everything plus more out of a crown xls 1502. 525W into two 4Ohm loads. with build in dsp. I...
  11. H

I have seen prices go up across the board. outdated yamaha 385's are somehow on yamahas website going for 499 cad msrp...
  12. H

This amp used to be 349$ It now retails for 549$...
  13. H

Thank you for the suggestion. I am looking to get ~400W . Need more power than this amp would provide. Building sealed enclosures and creating a few filters to extend the frequency, need more power.
  14. H

Parts express shipping is killer to Canada. I believe solen.ca is the only company that has its amps and drivers. Pricing is on par give or take.
  15. H

Initially, I hated the idea as I wanted less clutter. Since doing a bit of research, it seems that a crown xls 1502 could power two subs 4ohm load at 525W. It also has built-in DSP setting up the high pass, and low pass filters seems like a breeze. My only concern is I primarily listen to music...
Top Bottom