Recent content by gvl

1. G

Schiit Magnius Balanced Headphone Amp Review

Kudos to Schiit for aligning the outputs on the Modius and inputs on the Magnius, given many others can't get it right it's an achievement by itself.
  2. G

Topping USB Input/Windows 10 Issue - Possible Driver Issue

You must install the official driver on W7. The fact it sees the device is a good sign.
  3. G

Schiit Magnius Balanced Headphone Amp Review

@amirm, can you please also spot check preamp outputs? Output impedance would be interesting if this is something you can measure for line level outputs. As for headphones, does the balanced output have the same performance when used with SE inputs?
  4. G

Topping USB Input/Windows 10 Issue - Possible Driver Issue

Can be a hardware failure, try on another PC, if the same issue you'll need to try to get a warranty replacement from the place you bought it from or contact Topping support they may be able to fix it.
  5. G

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

I don't mind such low input impedance as long as it is called in the official specs so those who care can consider pairing issues with their gear. The fact it is not listed is a bit shady.
  6. G

Is the above mentioned 20 Ohm value correct for the pre-outputs?
  7. G

@JohnYang1997 , how high is the output impedance on the pre outputs?
  8. G

Matrix Audio X-SABRE Pro MQA: Best Audio DAC in the World?

You're throwing general statements. Do you have an example of a streamer that you can load an alternative OS on? RPi-based excluding.
  9. G

Are you referring to using a streamer as a DAC with playback software running on a PC? Or using PC as a DLNA server?
  10. G

I'm running Daphile on a $30 ECS Liva mini PC I got from eBay. Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify, Internet radio, convolution filters, Squeezer app to control it. All I need.
  11. G

The concern is that these streamers contain hardware that require proprietary drivers that are not in the standard Linux distros or if it is today it will be removed in later releases.
  12. G

I thoght maybe I was missing something. I can appreciate the package but in my view all these streamers become obsolete sooner or later as the technology/protocols change after the maker stops development. Then the software is usually buggy to begin with and the bugs tend to never get resolved...
  13. G

So basically nothing that improves sound quality or functionality of the streamer.
  14. G

PSB Alpha P5 Speaker Review

You probably still have some in Northridge, CA.
  15. G

How to EQ from SPOTIFY

Isn't it a violation of the Spotify license terms?
Top Bottom