Recent content by guidocir

1. G

Stand alone audio interface

News from Focusrite support: The Scarlett will always power on using the most recent settings, so whatever snapshot was loaded last. So if you were using it with your keyboards and turn everything off and then power back on, it will still be routed for your keyboards. There is no way to swap...
  2. G

An interface without the possibility to switch in standalone mode without the PC connection doesn't make sense. But most of them do it.
  3. G

This is the support answer (not fully clear) The ESI U86XT can normally (officially) not used as standalone device only as USB interface but….after the U86XT has been recognized by the PC or Mac the computer can be switched off and the inputs (mic, Hi-Z…) can continue be monitoring over the...
  4. G

Thanks, I was interested to Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 (3rd generation)
  5. G

Sorry I was meaning: does direct monitoring work if audio interface is not connected to PC/MAC but, of course, is powered with external power supply?
  6. G

The question is: does direct monitoring work if the audio interface is off?
  7. G

Yes, but what I need to do if I have to switch to computer again?
  8. G

A lot of interfaces need that...for example the Focussrite...
  9. G

The issue for most interfaces is that standalone mode cannot be set without using the software configurator...I would like to switch from standalone to "computer mode" and back not via software
  10. G

What do you think about ESI U86XT audio interface? It seems that can work in standalone mode, but I can't understand if it needs to be configured via computer every time I need it....
  11. G

I have 2 synths and a mic. I would like sometimes to simply play synths without using the DAW (connecting them directly to monitors or headphone) But sometimes I need to produce music in my DAW (Cubase). I don't want everytime to turn on the computer and set the audio interface in stand alone...
  12. G

Thanks for your exhaustive answers! An affordable price for me could be 600 EUR or less (of course :D ) for a mixer with MIDI I/O ports or an audio interface with standalone capabilities (without the need to use a computer to set it all the times).
  13. G

Ok but in that case I prefer to save some money and buy for example a Tascam Model 12. It's unusual that a simple analogue mixer with USB interface couldn't have a Midi I/O port, while a simple audio interface couldn't have a smart stand alone mode at an affordable price.... :(
  14. G

Thanks for your suggestions. Allen & Heath ZEDi 10 and Yamaha AG06 are nice, but it seems that they have not MIDI I/O ports...
  15. G

Hello, nice to meet you I am new to this forum! I would like to understand if there exists audio interfaces that work in stand alone without setting them through computer (like the Focussrite Scarlett). In fact, I would like sometimes to play my synths without: - turning on the computer to...
Top Bottom