Recent content by Grooved

1. Grooved

RME Babyface Pro FS Portable Interface Review

Indeed, USB power supply depends on standards. I don't know if they could do it with USB 2.0 but the Apollo Solo, as an example of a "low channel count interface", need at least a USB 3.0 connection to make it work, and it's not for power supply because you have to use it with a external power...
  2. Grooved

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

What Output and Input are you looping here? The L RCA output and the front jack input?
  3. Grooved

Audio Precision APx516B Review

Indeed, but just to create a "proof" that it's perfect for that, it would be great if @amirm can measure an amp that he already measured with the APx555, and see if the result is exactly the same with this APx516b and with the APx555. Obviously, it has to be an amp in the 80 to 105dB SINAD...
  4. Grooved

If you used the 43Vrms, I understand now. And yes, one XLR Y-cable to use the mono mode of the Cosmos ADC should allow you to get far better results for things like DACs
  5. Grooved

Hi, I'm a bit surprised that you can't get more than 113dB with a D90. Amir measured it at 120 (not 122), and you should be around that too. The last device I measured was at 118 on ASR, and that's what I got with the Cosmos ADC alone (without using the APU and Scaler) And regarding the...
  6. Grooved

MOTU UltraLite-mk5 Review (Audio Interface)

Hi, you can do like you want, it won't change anything for a short distance or not very noisy environment. The only thing to not do is creating a link Ring on TRS and anything on RCA (and for sure, between Tip on TRS/RCA and Shield) The simple thing for you would be to solder both wires on...
  7. Grooved

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

I forgot one thing in the previous post: when you see 4.95Vrms, if you send the same signal but via USB, what do you get? And to be clear, I was saying that you don't see any voltage, I was saying that the DL200 is supposed to provide 4.95V output at full volume, feeded by a signal of 0dB or...
  8. Grooved

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

Hi would be great to know what the real problem is, because measuring more than 4V on the output of the DAC doesn't mean that there is clipping somewhere in the path. There are a lot of audio interface that, even if you feed with a -5dB signal, can output 6 or 7V for example, and there is no...
  9. Grooved

Indeed, it looks great, but don't forget that it was done on MTA 1.0.6, one the first versions, and the results have been adjusted since. I have a DAC+ADC combo that was almost at -124 TD+N in a old version of MTA and it's only -118 now (but this -118 looks more accurate compared to what Amir...
  10. Grooved

SMSL D400ES DAC Review

I'm not sure that @eyes-on-you is talking about this extension. I've already saw enough examples where some people talk about extended frequency range (so what you're answering to), but also some talking about the longest extension of the flat response, but only in the audible range. Now, like...
  11. Grooved

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

Hi Amir, Not sure if it works for all Sonos speakers, but there was a trick to avoid latency with Line-in use. Latency comes from network buffering to play in sync with multiple speakers. If you set it via Ethernet (not WiFi), and then disconnect the cable, it will not see any network and won't...
  12. Grooved

Thanks @Sokel , I will try it ;)
  13. Grooved

@pkane Is there a preset that I missed, or an advice to get a clean chart regarding filters? To get something like in the ADI-2/4 Pro SE thread:
  14. Grooved

All the 128... ouch! Just a small thing if you can: extending the width of this box, especially now that number can goes up to 128, because once it's entered, only the first channel and half of the second are displayed (or only the first if channel number is 100 or higher):
  15. Grooved

Great work, as usual! It looks like the routing is OK too (I used pair made of 1 DA/AD loopback and one D/D, easiest to follow each signal) And indeed, the limitation is only on the recording pair (if non consecutive are selected, only the first channel is recorded)
Top Bottom