Recent content by Gradius

1. Gradius

1 bit DAC launched by TOPPING

Well, Burson do that since 2009 with their OPamps, I tried some of them before and like it, but w/o an audio analyzer like the APx555B I don't know if it introduces more snr, thd, sinad, etc, to the sound/music. I tried them when I had my D50, now I'm on "default" E50+L50. More about them...
  2. Gradius

It wasn't me. I wish btw. I got those impressions from another forum.
  3. Gradius

Some impressions: "I got a chance to listen to the A900/D900 at CanJam and was very impressed. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the 2 units. The sound was very relaxed, engaging and balanced. Very engrossing listen that drew me into the music. I was told the new units would be released toward...
  4. Gradius

D900 looks $2k, around the same for A900 (perharps it will be even more). D90 III discrete got my interest: "The D90 III Discrete uses a positive and negative 16-element DAC for each channel, achieving high performance indicators of THD+N<0.00006% and SNR>128dB. Its appearance is similar to the...
  5. Gradius

Future DAC/HD AMP upgrade

I see. I was looking for an 100% balanced stuff, then I think I'll upgrade my headphones first, actually I have my trusty/almost-legendary HD650. Was looking at HD800S, but I don't know if is really worth the price, I know they are made to last, but other than that, I can't believe it will...
  6. Gradius

Future DAC/HD AMP upgrade

I'll post it here, as they are both: a DAC and a H.D. amp. I'm thinking on a future upgrade from E50+L50 to a DX9 or D70+A70 ("pro" ones), or something else. Price difference is $99 or less. Thoughs?
  7. Gradius

TOPPING DX9!

Shenzhenaudio Store is the official seller there, you can trust their service. I would just RMA.
  8. Gradius

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

Is fine, but because of isolation, and isn't expensive at all, I use a GST25A05-P1J: https://www.meanwell.com/Upload/PDF/GST25A/GST25A-SPEC.PDF Total overkill I know (4A), but can use it to another things if I ever needed.
  9. Gradius

Buy USB isolator for E70 Velvet? E50? E30II?

Short answer: Just use a good power supply like Mean Well, and problem solved. Something like $20 or less. Long one: A DAC where it completely separates the input receiver section from the audio section, be it USB or S/PDIF, since they need to be connected in some way. So there will always be...
  10. Gradius

New driver should be coming: Revision History ----------------------------------------------------- V5.68.0 (February 5, 2024) ----------------------------------------------------- * Fix: Installer secure problem * Fix: Deadlock during wake up
  11. Gradius

Opened up my E30 II Lite (pics incl.)

Thanks for the p0rn upload. I do LOVE them.
  12. Gradius

Is there any budget DAC for DSD1024?

You cannot hear the difference between DSD (1x) and 96kHz @ 24-bit (PCM/WAV). The later is better anyway. So WHY would you want DSD1024 ?!
  13. Gradius

Just use meanwell psu (like I'm using). Is less than $15 shipped, and the quality is good enough (or pro enough).
  14. Gradius

Chapeau ou non? (PCM5102MK non-HAT DAC review)

Found this one, costs around $20: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001587136416.html Besides, is plug&play. Dual DAC: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005914022540.html
  15. Gradius

How good is bad? (Raspberry Pi 4B headphone output DAC review)

So the output is just horrible. What about raspi5 ?
Top Bottom