Recent content by Golfdaddy

1. G

Replacing Carver C-4000

Thank you for the informative video. I think that I'm going to have the C-4000 refreshed like in the video and use it in another room. The biggest problem has been that the new amplifiers I purchased (Schiit Audio Vidar 2's) have to be connected via balanced XLR cables to be used as monoblocks...
  2. G

Left and right XLR subwoofer input and output

Thank you. Not only did you save me from damage but also the cost of four splitters/combiners. The sales guy at SVS said I could do it but he didn't sound confident.
  3. G

Left and right XLR subwoofer input and output

Can an XLR left channel signal be split to L/R inputs of a subwoofer and then combined out of the L/R outputs of that subwoofer to connect to an amplifier being used as a monoblock? (Similarly for the XLR right channel signal). Or is it better to connect a single XLR cable to the left input of...
  4. G

Replacing Carver C-4000

Looking to replace my Carver C-4000 preamplifier (only because I'm interested in something with better specifications but I've loved it for decades). I want to keep it a stereo system but with time delay for rear and front speakers. Currently, I'm using the C-4000 as a line stage preamp that...
Top Bottom