Recent content by godmax

1. G

SMSL SU-10 - the next "best" DAC coming soon!?

Seems the SMSL SU-10 with dual ESS9038Pro will be released soon and might give the current top DAC list a serious competition again. @WolfX-700 already measured it on his site - looks promising!
  2. G

DAC + head amp (in one box) for desk setup with headphones only (no loudspeakers)

I did not have to install any additional driver on Windows 10, so I assume the same for Windows 11.
  3. G

DAC + head amp (in one box) for desk setup with headphones only (no loudspeakers)

I got the V226 for about 4 month now and use it regularly round-robin with my other amps. I bought it because of the new more compact case of the new V22x model line and in addition it had a 4.4mm Pentaconn output and nice flip-switches on the front. I had the V281 Final Edition in the past (but...
  4. G

As I have the V226 myself I can recommend it according to your given criterias (especially service and support from Violectric/Fried Reim are great - at least here in Germany), but I guess the DAC and amp part will not measure as great as the Topping DX7 Pro+(more like the precedessor Violectric...
  5. G

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

The used ESS9038Q2M DAC chip is already capable of outputting a differential current mode signal for left and right channel (you can take a look at the datasheet). With using two DAC chips you could process each channel in mono mode which might have better dynamic range (but even the datasheet...
  6. G

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Even this shows the schematic for the ES9038PRO, the ES9038Q2M also supports custom filters already up to 128 coefficients/taps (the ES9038PRO up to 256 coefficients), just need to load it to the registers see page 25 of datasheet. So the implementers/product designers could already implement...
  7. G

Does a 4 million taps FIR filter sound better than a 16K one? Let's find out.

with the risk of getting even more off-topic;): for my understanding the constant(or minimum for all frequencies) delay induced by the filter design/choice is integral part of the transfer function (no matter if its linear phase or not) and therefore a characteristic expressed by the (variable)...
  8. G

Topping DX7 Pro+

...if these are the final specs, it is rather interesting that the DX7Pro+ seems to have a single-ended amplication design (4-pin XLR only for convenience) rather than balanced as the original DX7Pro (840mW SE vs. 1700mW BL @32Ω). So the DX7Pro+ is more like a DX5+ in bigger case :cool: Edit...
  9. G

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

Sorry, I don’t see anything wrong with the reaction of Hifigo, since everything is written in their Warranty & Refund Policy section on the homepage and you should have checked upfront BEFORE you placed an order from a shop overseas. For a Chinese shop, Hifigo still has the most responsive...
  10. G

The XLR output of the X26 Pro is 5.1V at 0 dBFS (according to specs and confirmed by Amir’s measurements on first page), doubt the 5V mode of the D90se goes beyond that.
  11. G

Qudelix is developing a MiniDSP destroyer.

@wslee do you plan also to add a digital output, so you could use the great EQ options with an external DAC - or this is too late in the desgin/production process?
  12. G

Kennerton Rognir Review (Closed Back Headphone)

Kennerton seems at least to try something different with the cup structure on the inside to be not flat, maybe this also the reason for the spikes:
  13. G

Kennerton Rognir Review (Closed Back Headphone)

@amirm What dB value for Headroom management in Roon do you use? Can you say what kind of pads this Rögnir came with? Are they perforated on one side or normal (since the photo is taken from the back side, it is hard to tell)?
  14. G

F20 beta firmware installation worked without a flaw. Just in case, could I flash the older version again, if an issue arises? So far I did not notice any issues or improvements, since everything worked fine before in my setup.
Top Bottom