Recent content by gitaarwerk

1. G

Audio streamer/device with nice tactile interface

Wow!! yes!!! This could actually something I would love; if it’s good. Can we get a ASR review of this?
  2. G

Considerations, sell my amp, whole set-up etc?

I am, but the difference in price is more than just adding a sub :)) so would wanna check if its fruitful to save up, or just get a sub and be done with it (ofc have to measure crossover)
  3. G

Considerations, sell my amp, whole set-up etc?

Just bumping this topic, as I have one final question. I was thinking of upgrading to the KEF Ref3 Meta from the Ref1 "normal". The big upgrade is of course the bass. I have to say, I'm not too unhappy of current bass, but it doesn't go -too- low, obviously. I was thinking... as base is easier...
  4. G

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Sennheiser HD 800S & Sennheiser momentum (not sure which version, probably 1 or 2). Momentum for on the road/public transport, and the 800D with EQ on a cheap android phone with Poweramp EQ as player and a Topping G5. Not unhappy.
  5. G

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

If you need, I can ship them abroad if needed (eu only). But sure, you need to trust a random dude from the internet to do this. (so im not the company, just a member from the Netherlands). Anyways, if one really wants it, it can be arranged. Working mostly from home anyways and are close to a...
  6. G

Paris Audio Video Show 2022

dont like the prics, nor probably how they measure, but they all do sure look impressive :D btw..i think those blades or kef refs are measuring pretty decent. I got the old refs one after they produced the sound I like... (I heard avalon acoustics once at a hifi show...thought there was a...
  7. G

24 Crazy-Ass Hi-Fi Systems

Next to my kefs, I have a Sonos Beam. What I usually do, is start playing on there, and tell them I am listening this on the Kef Reference 1. Then I switch over, ... but they are already like ooohhhhh ahhhhhh... before the switch. I mean, Sonos is not comparable, but... for TV and background...
  8. G

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

Yhea! They look great! Sorry, I’m defintely also about the looks. If I may be upfront; this is an amazing stack. I would not buy them. I would love to get the Magnius and Modius with a newer chip; and Magnius with a relay based volume and 2 balanced outs and a single ended. And the both the...
  9. G

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

New version is out. Schiit Heretic; (And modi) https://www.head-fi.org/threads/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up.701900/page-6869#post-17245923 Dunno how they measure, but they sure look nice!
  10. G

Stereo Crosstalk Elimination (reduction) Par Excellence!

Out of curiosity, how is this different than Mid/Side processing? I used this with mixing and playing with modular synthesizer, process the sides or the mids only for some weird effects; Not put the separate channels as different speakers, but could do that as well. I'm not per se sure if this...
  11. G

Pass HPA1

I think it's one of the lesser pretty high end amps... Pass makes much nicer looking stuff than this. The locking neutrik thing is an abonimation. I use one myself for my punch panel, and it's not a very nice experience to use. Also the interior... it doesn't look sophisticated.
  12. G

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

You're totally right on that. The Topping 've got now not to last a lifetime, basically. I also didn't want to buy an A90 due to its price and well, as you mentioned, reputation. What I actually want, is some higher end Schiit stuff, but the current lineup just doesn't do it for me yet. I think...
  13. G

New headphone recommendations

Hmm,.. I just got it in, mot changing it anytime soon, but it was nice to know earlier . But I’ll go the long route, using the Pi. I’m impressed by the G5’s. I don’t mind the bulkiness; as I am not taking it on the road anyways. It’s a bit of my in-between before I decide a larger stack with a...
  14. G

New headphone recommendations

G5 and 800S are in. Playing from my iphone via bluetooth. The experience is pretty new,.. i know quite some older headphones and high end speakers,.. but the detail is astonishing, but the “soundstage” is weird,… tok far out. And yes, definitely need EQ. Which is a challenge using iphone. So...
  15. G

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Nice! I am in extreme doubt. I decided to buy the G5 instead. And if I know which one to take, perhaps next year,… i can still use this on the go or for other rooms too :) I will send back the ADI-2 pro fs black, unpacked,.. just a minor price difference. Totally fomo i need to work against...
Top Bottom