Recent content by Gene LeClair

1. Gene LeClair

Neumann/Genelec: 2.1 vs top-of-the-line monitors, what's your choice?

The answer depends heavily on room size and listening distance. Anyway, I went with 8351B + 7360A over 8361A, because I prefer to have a sub.
  2. Gene LeClair

DAC ABX shootout - unable to distinguish between 10$ and 15k$

Yeah, something like that. Or whatever you would consider as a low quality source file vs. FLAC files from pi4.
  3. Gene LeClair

You should do a double blinded test of source files with your equipment and post the results. It would be an interesting test to read.
  4. Gene LeClair

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

When it comes to YouTube reviewers, a lot of them would go out of job if people would focus on the scientific measurements. After all, most of them don't have the skills to do those measurements. Anybody can make YouTube reviews. Another thing is, that their channels really are about...
  5. Gene LeClair

Changed headphones to Bluetooth

Yes, Bluetooth is underrated. I've been using Powerbeats Pro for two years as my jogging/gym/outdoors headphones. My expectations were really low. How good can Bluetooth earbuds be? And from Apple subsidiary, eww? Well, they've been great! The sound is much better than I thought it could be...
  6. Gene LeClair

"I Swapped Spotify for Vinyl and It Changed My Life"

I joined the Flat Earth Society and it completely changed my life.
  7. Gene LeClair

So why did you get banned in that other thread :D ?
  8. Gene LeClair

Why do records sound so much better than digital?

Would have been funny if you had said "See you back in the vinyl camp in a few years, kid..."
  9. Gene LeClair

Linus Tech Tips is going to be testing audio gear? LTT Lab 1

Hardware Unboxed does also good monitor reviews.
  10. Gene LeClair

Linus Tech Tips is going to be testing audio gear? LTT Lab 1

Let me guess, you spent half of your workday doing that? :D
  11. Gene LeClair

Just as a reference for someone who is interested in reading it, your thread would be this one, right? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/abx-blind-test-and-level-matching.26626/
  12. Gene LeClair

You can't really say it's not justifiable to spend $15K on a DAC just based on this test. There are cases where it would be justifiable for the added functionality. Like if the DAC comes with a motorcycle attached to it, or something.
  13. Gene LeClair

Cool test! If there's nothing wrong with those devices, I guess that's what should happen. When it comes to DACs, it's not really about "making it sound better". It's more about "not making it sound significantly worse".
  14. Gene LeClair

Actually music from the 60's and 70's sounds like crap.
  15. Gene LeClair

My experience is exactly the opposite. I need the background music in my life. If I don't listen to music while working, or jogging, or at the gym, it just sucks so hard! And that's the argument for digital sources like Spotify or Qobuz for me. They improve my life quality in a way that LPs...
Top Bottom