Recent content by GalZohar

1. G

Audyssey Manual Calibration “OCA’s REW + Audyssey Awesomeness”

Can't you use the built-in rolloff to apply a 12db/oct "filter" (I think such filter can't be done with the "points"?), then adjust the target curve to account for it so that your final response (without crossover filters) rolls off at 12db/oct at the crossover frequency? Theoretically that...
  2. G

That's not what I meant though. What I meant if maybe those values could be changed by modifying the ady file, even though they don't provide an interface to do so with the app. I'm guessing that they are somewhere in the editor app file even though the editor app cannot change them, external...
  3. G

However, the curve also contains a 12db/oct rolloff which isn't directly related to the crossover and is automatically determined during measurements (and is normally the same frequency as the automatically-detected crossover). What I'm saying is that it might be worth applying that rolloff at...
  4. G

They seem to rely on additional 12db/oct coming from the natural rolloff of the speaker itself. At least to my understanding. However, if we cross at 80Hz and the speaker extends lower than 80Hz, it will not have that slope. I was wondering if it would improve the results to set the 12db/oct...
  5. G

Regardless of the listening test result, I'm interested in the technical differences and the reasoning behind them, which I don't necessarily know how to test. Sure it may sound great, but I still want to understand how it works and why. I also wonder how you handle the subwoofer crossover...
  6. G

I was refering to the video in the 1st post. What is the main practical difference in filter generation methods? Doesn't Audyssey also perform some kind of inversion? Are there no limitations to the filters tgat can be applies in this method (using the curve points) compared to a regular...
  7. G

I watched some of the video (mostly looking for answers and couldn't find). Some questions: 1. How is this better aligning to target curve limiting filters frequency, compared to just using plain Audyssey measurements and limiting EQ frequency in the app? 2. How is the speaker time alignment...
  8. G

Difference between Audyssey Multeq VS Multeq XT Vs Multeq XT32

If you want to know what XT did, compare Audyssey on vs off, without Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume.
  9. G

Audyssey XT32 vs Dirac Live

Red curve in the app is a lie. Even the MultEQ-X app confirms it (as it shows much more realistic predictions)
  10. G

Subwoofer Comparison

Subwoofer has other advantages than just getting cost effective low frequency extension. You can place it elsewhere in the room where those low frequencies sound better. Besides, with 3500$ worth of speakers you probably won't get that extension anyway. Also, getting a device that supports bass...
  11. G

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Limit EQ in the app to 500Hz (you can also try 300Hz), and don't measure the same point 3 times, but rather take 3-5 measurements symmetrically around the listening position to get some kind of spatial averaging, which will prevent over-corretion of issues that might only be present at a very...
  12. G

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

If you have a proper room EQ system like XT32, the only point of a miniDPS is to run something like MSO for individual filters for each subwoofer. If you just use REW filters you have practically nothing to gain from it over just letting XT32 handle your sub(s).
  13. G

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

The DLBC is the major difference, once it is supported. The rest are only good if you really need them. DLBC is good for anyone with a sub.
  14. G

Dirac Live standalone for PC and Mac

Just to make things clear, you tried PC DLBC that only supports a single subwoofer? From your post it's a big difficult to understand exactly what you're testing.
  15. G

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Just because the predicted and measured are matching doesn't mean it's an advantage of the REW import feature. Even a flatter measured result is not necessarily better. When you use the Audyssey measurements (the normal way) rather than REW (which is a bit of a hack, but works), you let the...
Top Bottom