Recent content by friarminor

1. F

New Volumio is paid?

Anybody using RPi tried connecting an external dvd/cd player and used Volumio to control the playback? Will this work ? Thanks!
  2. F

New Volumio is paid?

Just started using Volumio and notwithstanding the registration, it has been a wonder so far. If there's anything supremely better and as easy to install then, I'm all ears!
  3. F

Which power supply should I pair with AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 amp?

Did not bother to check before but the caps seem to be diff from Amir's. Good to run with 48V ?
  4. F

Power supply for AIYIMA A07

Just had the itch to check again and caps are different from Amir's. So does this now make it safe to use the 48v PSU?
  5. F

BTW, just saw an Aiyima A08. Whew.
  6. F

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Amplifier Measurements and Review - LM4562 (and OPA2134) option

Doesn't have a clue on what the measures practically mean but amazed at the diligence of using metrics to an otherwise realm of 'personal auditory preference'. I am on the market for a new amp (checked CA CX series, Rega and Musical Fidelity) and never felt more paralyzed yet at same time...
  7. F

If using the smaller brick 32v brick, I'd go as high as near 12 on the volume but with the 48v SMPS, I can only go highest at 10 and normally at below 9. All this with having the FX tube pre at full volume.
  8. F

Whoa. Thanks for the reminder. Though hadn't been presented with harshness, I'd better not turn those volume knobs any further than 9. Besides, too loud already.
  9. F

Suggestion Streamer/DAC/PreAmp as Roon endpoint

Anyone have heard about Cocktail audio n15d?
  10. F

Normally, volume stays between 8-9. I was playing some Brubeck, Bill Evans & Coltrane. When I increased vol to around 10, saw readings flutter 40 to 53 but will then rest on 40.
  11. F

So I connected the rods as advised and played the amp. Pls note that SMPS is set to 44V (not 48) at 7.5A to speakers (Denton 80) spec says nom imp. of 6ohms at 9 and 10 vol. Hope i got it right. Pls let me know what this means?
  12. F

Let me get back to you on this. I find the back of Aiyima pretty cramped but I think I got a fairly good idea already based on your instruction on how to use the multimeter and where to stick the rods.
  13. F

I do have a multimeter but not really familiar and only used it to set voltage. Where do I place those red and black metal rods to get the wattage output? Use image of SMPS I posted Sept 22 so I don't make stupid mistake. Tnx.
  14. F

On top of a laptop stand. SMPS with 7.5A placed away (bec it's better to be safe)
  15. F

I'm glad to report that haven't had any issues whatsoever. I'm pretty conscious of anything that doesn't seem right while the amp is on. Usually plays at 1 hour minimum and can play 3 hours straight with volume at 9:30 (10 is loud and rocking already in this small room). It's hot but nothing...
Top Bottom