Recent content by Fraxo

1. Fraxo

In search of a small Dac+Amp (for IEMs) that sounds close to Topping DX3 Pro+

Hi everyone. I'm using the Topping DX3 Pro+ for professional work but I also work on the go quite often, so I bought Fiio K3 Dac Amp. I noticed a significant difference in sound between them, so I though to ask for a recommendation for a budget friendly compact Dac Amp.
  2. Fraxo

On Topping DX3 Pro+ - Is there a knob that I could connect volume changes? Issue using Windows Volume Macros on DAW.

I'm using my Topping DX Pro+ connected to a Focusrite 18i8 via COAX) for speakers and IEMs, but they're located far from my hands. When I use Focusrite USB ASIO Drivers with my DAW, my windows' keyboard macros for volume controls STOP WORKING so even macros don't do anything. So with my current...
  3. Fraxo

Passive Filters to change headphones sound? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME!

This is beautiful... Such dedication for this, and explaining it so well, I highly appreciate your response and great work! Another question that came to mind after reading this: so it means that each filter has to be designed exactly for the specific model intended right? Also how small could...
  4. Fraxo

Any EQ Pros in the crowd? How sharp can EQ shaping be in Equalizer APO?

Hey guys, thank you for the knowledge sharing. You've mentioned the time domain not being pretty in such manipulation, but I'm not sure if it's due to the difference in EQ forms or due to the sharpness only. To better specify my question: if I were to draw an almost identical eq shape with the...
  5. Fraxo

Can't say I immediately understand the relationship between the components and frequency response, I assume they have their electrical characteristics that correlate with it. Sorry about needing such simplifications in the explanations at this stage, I do my best to research and learn but I need...
  6. Fraxo

So I stumble upon this guy - modified the DT1990 and somehow created a Passive Filter to reduce the "8k" peak. He mentioned @solderdude as well so I read a few posts here from years ago - yet my question remains (since no one addressed it): I was wondering, how do you choose components THAT...
  7. Fraxo

So I actually don't need go that extreme, I usually create rather smoothened shapes, but drawing them this way is easier for me when accuracy is necessary.
  8. Fraxo

What would be a good way to measure to prove or disprove it? Something undeniable.... Please suggest, as I'm willing to try.
  9. Fraxo

Is it possible for the Graphic EQ in Equalizer APO to perform such hard cuts and sharp shapes? I had a guy insisting, saying it's not possible... As it looks - Equalizer APO's Graphic EQ with Variable Bands shows the possibility to perform any type of shaping, as it's represented by a straight...
  10. Fraxo

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

So I've looked everywhere and couldn't find a plugin that allows unlimited "point to point" type of equalization as APO's Graphic EQ does. As a DAW addition. That means not just bell shapes, shelves, cuts etc... Simply point to point "drawing of your curve. I need something that allows to...
  11. Fraxo

Crazy searching EQ Plugin that's similar to Equalizer APO's Graphic EQ... HELP!

So I've looked everywhere and couldn't find a plugin that allows unlimited "point to point" type of equalization as APO's Graphic EQ does. As a DAW addition. That means not just bell shapes, shelves, cuts etc... Simply point to point "drawing of your curve. I need something that allows to...
  12. Fraxo

Why is tuning IEMs flat after the resonance peak so difficult? Graph

This is the group delay for a peaky measurement at the resonance peak. Does that answer what you meant or not?
  13. Fraxo

I'll humble myself as I start to wonder if perhaps I didn't explain it well enough. To remain consistent I'll quote myself from previous comments, as I did specify several times: "I would prefer that the peak was mitigated as much as possible and that the 7-11kHz range would be more linear and...
  14. Fraxo

I understand there are many variables, but my question was - what causes this specific dip for so many companies to struggle with it, since it's audible and does match real life listening. For example - if you told me that a specific angle in the insertion method is causing... or if drivers are...
Top Bottom