Recent content by Frank207be

1. F

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Loved the line about speaker and sub storage. I'm trying to do the opposite: blend all subs into a decoupled riser to get the cinema feeling withouth overloading the interior with boxes.
  2. F

Assuming that an f3 of 24Hz is sufficient to cope with most room modes and that the speakers are 92dB/1W/1m I'm quite confident ;) https://www.innerearmag.com/reviews/speakers/Focal_Scala_Utopia.shtml In the near future I'll try to build my own DIY LCR speakers. If I fail miserably I can...
  3. F

That's why I'm considering adding separate passive subs to my surround speakers and drive both with a Hypex FA502
  4. F

Passive sealed DIY with no LPF applied. Only the AVR does the crossover. I'm really curious if/how ART will fully utilize them. My main speakers are also 100% ART compatible. My surround speakers are the weak 'support' link though but I'm looking for other solutions IF they could have a...
  5. F

4 subs across the room that are capable of delivering >110 dB at all support frequencies.
  6. F

I didn't take any chance and went big. At least with DLBC I have all the bass I can ever wish for. And ART threads also say it only gets better so I'm quite confident.
  7. F

Denon AVR-A1H

Yesterday I watched the Youtube talk with Youthman & Mathias Johansson and he told not to rely on a single REW measurement to evaluate a multi point calibration. There also was a lot of discussion about ART so I interpret that it's coming sooner than later. Dirac ART will probably solve my dip...
  8. F

I'm going to try out my Crown XLS1002 with it's built in LPF and HPF crossovers set to 150Hz to add woofers to my surround channels. I'll use REW to check the response and will set the gain controls to get the best possible result before running Dirac.
  9. F

Denon AVR-A1H

11 of them. The L+R speakers are amplified by an IceEdge 1200AS/2. Future plan is to make the LCR speakers active with Hypex FA503 amps. Vinyl is all about the experience IMHO ;) I'm perfectly happy with the convenience of digital.
  10. F

Denon AVR-A1H

Yes that's the plan when I have the time *or* when the A1H is available. My 2 daughters just bought new vinyl (Taylor Swift) and they're listening now. They're seriously spoiled LOL! Anyway I finally reached a level where the bass response puts a serious grin on my face: I feel 10Hz (I can clip...
  11. F

Denon AVR-A1H

Surround wise (7.4.6) I'd probably be equally happy with the X6800H but it was released one year later and I couldn't wait. I was sick and tired of the lackluster bass management of my previous AVR. Since D&M introduced 4 independent subwoofer outputs in affordable AVR's last year, I won't...
  12. F

Denon AVR-A1H

Meanwhile I'm enjoying my Denon A1H with Dirac. After adding my 4th subwoofer I've been experimenting with DLBC and crossovers, curtains & boost. I'm still struggling with the 125Hz-200Hz range though but that'll undoubtedly be caused by the speaker distance to the AV wall (SBIR). Needs some...
  13. F

So best practice would be only using the front speakers (if capable) and subs up to 150Hz and Atmos/surround and rear subwoofers only up to 100Hz? I'd rather use an ART support upper frequency limit if possible and allow the AVR/AVP to control all crossovers if possible? And doesn't Dirac try...
  14. F

I was planning to rely on my 4 beefy passive DIY subs for ART correction. They're powered by Crown XLS amps with no crossover applied (unlike most commercial subs) and I was hoping that my Denon A1H would allow them to do support up to 150Hz?
  15. F

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

I'm also waiting for news. I got my 4th subwoofer ready last weekend so I'm ready!
Top Bottom