Recent content by fordiebianco

1. fordiebianco

Good HiFi from China and Taiwan?

SoundArtist Aurum Cantus
  2. fordiebianco

Good German Hifi ?!

If you are into the vintage stuff (as I am), I would suggest checking out SABA and Nordmende.
  3. fordiebianco

Polk Signature Elite ES20 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Good Morning Amir, many thanks for another excellent review. It's nice to know we have great sounding choices in the budget segment. Good for recommendations for friends.
  4. fordiebianco

Marantz SACD 30n Measurements (SACD Player, DAC & Streamer)

Good Morning, many thanks for the time and dilligence you invested in this. As an old fogey who has been buying Denon/Marantz hardware by the bucketload before coming to ASR, it is great to see that there seems to be still innovation and engineering excellence in the old Japanese hardware...
  5. fordiebianco

thomann t.racks DSP 4x4 Mini Review

Many thanks for the response. This sounds like a language I don't speak. Could you please signpost me to a guide on how to understand the concepts (and acronyms). Ta!
  6. fordiebianco

thomann t.racks DSP 4x4 Mini Review

Dear All, I have to profess my ignorance here: I thought DSPs are only of value if you can use them together with room correction software (such as Audyssey or Dirac). What use would a DSP have without responding to the listening room? Is it really just a glorified multi-frequency equalizer...
  7. fordiebianco

Audio-GD NFB-11.38 Performance Edition Measurements (DAC, Preamp & Headamp)

Thank you for doing an excellent (and surely time consuming) review. Very helpful.
  8. fordiebianco

Virtual Reality Headsets

Thank you all for your help. The new Oculus is on the way. Will feed back once I have given it a whirl.
  9. fordiebianco

Virtual Reality Headsets

Don't you have to register with Facebook for the Oculus range?
  10. fordiebianco

Virtual Reality Headsets

Nobody? Really ?
  11. fordiebianco

Virtual Reality Headsets

Dear All, I'm an ancient gamer that started with his 1k ZX81 back in the early eighties, but still enjoy a few hours of gaming (mainly strategy or RPGs) every week (when my SO or my diary lets me). Over the years the monitors have become bigger and then multiplied, the gaming rigs fancier and...
  12. fordiebianco

Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Communicator Review (Phono Preamp)

WhatHiFi is good as a catalogue to give you an idea what's out there and available on the market. Not so much for reviews.
  13. fordiebianco

What gear you wouldn't buy because of its name or cult status.

Pretty much everything on 6moon, particularly the esoteric stuff reviewed by Marja&Henk. I am very sorry though to hear of their recent passing: looking at the pictures of their living room, audio clearly was a passion of theirs, I just couldn't agree with their idea of physics.
  14. fordiebianco

Sony Tapecorder 101 Review (Vintage Reel to Reel)

Ooh, interesting. Thank you for posting! Sorry, my electronic diagram days are long gone: what kind of port is that? 3.5mm?
Top Bottom