Recent content by FINFET

1. F

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

Whether you appreciate it or not is a matter of individual specific subjective opinion at a given moment. It is not sufficient to infer or assume others' opinions or preferences based on this alone. We need information like objective measurements provided in the review which can work as much...
  2. F

Audiophile hobby is a scam?

For many hobbies when you invest more money above a bar, it often turns into a "scam" that you are just paying for the brand and a sense of luxury. It's just for audio, the bar is pretty low. So I'd consider many already entered the scam realm. But headphones can justify some of its costs by...
  3. F

Why people still use tube amps when there are plenty of tubes already used in the making of music

I mentioned in earlier post that it's true a properly implemented tube will be quite transparent like SS ones but still many are not so good, so differences can be heard especially when frequency response changes due to damping factor problem as many people in this thread said. The post is a...
  4. F

Why people still use tube amps when there are plenty of tubes already used in the making of music

Changing waves can be good, but using fixed, colored, and distorted hardware to change the waves is one of the least effective ways to morph waves. Whether using hardware analog channel strips or software VSTs, there are millions of ways to modify sound to suit one's preference, and all...
  5. F

SMSL VMV P2 Headphone Amp Review

You know in many other review threads the discussion is not always on topic. Afterall it's still useful information for people to know about the potential failure rate of a product they are considering buying even though it's only based on some random previous personal experiences. Otherwise...
  6. F

Just some misc talk about the look and feel: to me the "best-looking" DAC should resemble an Apple dongle or simply disappear like a cable. Sadly there are many USB-C to 3.5mm dongles on the market but very few USB/Toslink to XLR/RCA dongles with only necesarry digital-to-analog chips and...
  7. F

I'll stick with my A90 until it dies. The next headphone amp I'm willing to buy should support both electrostatic headphones and planar/dynamic ones. Not sure if affordable and well performing ones already exist.
  8. F

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

Besides ASR members, there are other individuals and audio forums. I know you've seen millions of these "just-a-DAC" DACs performing well and might have lost interest years ago, but there are billions of people who still lack even the slightest concept of what a good DAC is. This is further...
  9. F

New (2021) RME Fireface UCX II

Here is their introduction video for Room EQ, initially seems exclusive to the UFX III. People at RME have worked very hard over the past few months to make this feature compatible with the UFX II and UFX+ and Just a few days ago we learned that it finally works on the UCX II so this thread...
  10. F

Sure but basically AD SNR from 112 to 120 (or THD+N from -104 to -114) makes not much sense in most cases. The feeling of "having a better converter" can be important though. Maybe one thing I'll miss if I sell my ADI-2 pro is the auto loudness control. Which I think can also be easily implement...
  11. F

RME just updated their driver and firmware. Now you have 12 band PEQs in total with the new 9 band Room EQ feature. You also got Delay and Crossfeed. https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=38691 With these new features UCX II seems to be superior than ADI-2 Pro in most aspects now (and...
  12. F

Most examples are tube analog hardwares in the post, like you'll have to spend like thousands of dollars to get one. As for those plugins emulating tube hardwares, they are VSTs used in a VST host on PC/Mac, mostly used in DAW software (like Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, etc.) by...
  13. F

Yeah that's also the point in the original post which is using transparent SS amp will still keep all "tube effects" from previous analog gears encryped in the production phase if music is properly recorded and mastered. It seems some people just need more amount of these distortions or so than...
  14. F

Maybe because you add tube effects at the end of your chain, which can further amplify and make these effects more pronounced. The tube effect in the original music might seems too mild for your taste. In that case, I still suggest using VSTs like the Fabfilter Saturn, which offers customizable...
  15. F

Thanks for the detailed subjective impressions. I've heard many claimed tube amps sound somehow better with adjectives like you listed but the question in the op post is that these features/signitures are already added in the music file itself so you shouldn't worry when using transparent solid...
Top Bottom