Recent content by Felks32

1. F

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

I ended up grabbing an X3700H on Saturday, I was shocked to find one in stock somewhere so I grabbed it. Thanks to all that responded to my question. Got it set up with the Audyssey XT32, however I notice that it set my speakers (Paradigm Premier 700F's) to Large and the crossover at 40hz. I...
  2. F

I thought about just buying a power amp but this x1600 doesn’t have preouts either.
  3. F

I didn’t even use the audyssey xt setup that I have…should I be?
  4. F

Thanks. This particular room is only ever going to be a 2.1 system as I have a budget theatre build in my basement. Maybe I’ll focus my attention to completing that if the x1600 is suitable for this use case.
  5. F

Hey everyone, I’m currently using a Denon x1600h and wondering if it’s worth it to upgrade to a x3700h or x4700h. It’ll be powering a pair of Paradigm Premier 700F’s and an SVS sb1000 pro subwoofer. I don’t have any issues with the x1600 at all - just have the upgrade bug and figured the...
  6. F

Subwoofer pairing question re: frequency response

Thanks for your responses and suggestions. I ended up disconnecting the sub for the night to see how much of a positive or negative difference it made on sound to my ears. :)
  7. F

Subwoofer pairing question re: frequency response

Hi Everyone, I recently purchased a pair of Paradigm Premier 700F towers. I also own a Paradigm Defiance V8 subwoofer from a previous setup - and I've been debating using it with the 700F's. However i'm not sure it's entirely necessary or even a good match. In terms of specs: 700F Frequency...
  8. F

2.0 Speakers to go with Yamaha WXA-50

It definitely appears that more power is needed. Ok so maybe the better option is to find a more suitable receiver to go with the speakers. Off to do more research!
  9. F

Again very helpful information. So much to learn. To take it in a slightly different direction - I also have a Yamaha RX-V685 receiver in the house, which is rated at 90 W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.06% THD, 2-ch driven) - is this a better choice to drive these speakers?
  10. F

I’ve been having a conversation with @sweetchaos but thought it might be good to post here as well… Its been recommended to me by some Facebook “experts” that the SE3000’s need more power to really sing, and that I could damage them by only running on an amp that pumps out 55wpc. According to...
  11. F

I've been clicking through the links in your signature for the past hour. :)
  12. F

Wow! Thank you so much for doing all of that. I actually owned a pair of PSB Imagine XB's that never left the box...they sounded incredible in the record store where I demoed them. Convinced myself to go towers instead.
  13. F

Thanks, i'll have a look. I guess I have been focused on towers since that's what I'd be replacing but definitely open to bookshelves.
  14. F

So far I’ve looked at Dali Oberon 5, Paradigm Premier 700F, PSB Imagine XT, ELAC Debut and DBR, and the KEF Q750’s seem to go on sale a fair bit.
  15. F

I’d like to stay in the $1500 CAD for the pair range. Listening from ~10 feet away.
Top Bottom