Recent content by exm

1. exm

Sonos Era

Yes. I have 2 Era 100s in mono, 2 Era 100s in stereo, an Era 300, an Arc, 2 amps (outside and bathroom) and 3 subs. Needless to say, I like Sonos products :)
  2. exm

Sonos Era

I would give it a try. You can always disable it if you don't like the results.
  3. exm

Sonos Era

Did you perform the Trueplay tuning?
  4. exm

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

No. I feel that the R900 is a superior speakers (my 2 cents). If you want to upgrade, get a used pair of Reference 5s...
  5. exm

As far as I know, everything Reference is hand-made in the UK. The cabinets are sourced locally for sure. Are the drivers and crossovers also made in the UK? I believe so, not 100% sure.
  6. exm

To comment on the build quality, it's night and day between the R and Reference. The R Series, although they look beautiful are made of very inexpensive (pressed?) wood that chips very easily. The Reference Series build quality is clearly in a different league (but you would expect that based on...
  7. exm

As someone who has owned the non-Meta R11 and now the Reference 5, the Reference 5 is a clearly superior speakers in all aspects. I was never fond of the LF in my R11 (I liked the older R900 better, but that speaker had 2x8"LF drivers instead of 4x6.5"). However, the Reference 5 LF is by far the...
  8. exm

8 Channel amp: Buckeye vs VTV vs Monoprice

As far as I know, it's not the trigger cable but the trigger option in the amplifier itself. My 8-channel unit came with bot the trigger in/output and cable - FYI.
  9. exm

I understand, and I fully realize they'll sound and measure identical. However, build quality is worth a bit extra for me. I mean, the amp I was looking at is almost $1,600 at Buckeye. That's a bargain for what you're getting, but still a lot of money to spend. So to me, the extra 15% extra is...
  10. exm

Yes, https://nordacoustics.co.uk/product/nord-one-mp-nc252-4-8-ch-multi-channel-power-amplifier/
  11. exm

I ended up getting the Nord amp. Yes, I understand that the internals are the same but for a few extra dollars, I have a very nice looking case from a reputable company. I wish Buckeye Amp has a different case option for a surplus although I understand that doesn't fit his business model.
  12. exm

KEF Reference 4C Review (Center Speaker)

Yes, as close as your cabling allows.
  13. exm

KEF Reference 4C Review (Center Speaker)

I wouldn't see why not! (note: I own a Ref 2 Meta, so I gladly answer any questions!)
  14. exm

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

I'm using the ATI AT 330x amplifier, which was recently released. It's a fantastic amp available in 2-8 channels. However, I recommend to focus on the front 3, and perhaps side surrounds with a new amp (so get a 3 or 5 channel) and re-use original amps for other channels. If you want something...
Top Bottom