Recent content by Essar

1. Essar

SMSL SU9-n issue

Welp, Apos Audio did a solid. They've accepted back the SU-9 for a return (with a restocking fee), as well as the SH-9 amp. I'd ordered a replacement Topping D90LE refurbished but since they were out of stock they're providing a new, rather than "APOS Certified" item. I wonder if I was a...
  2. Essar

SMSL SU9-n issue

I succeeded and I'm convinced it's because I made threats. I now have the RMA I needed after involving my bank and writing on Apos' FB pages. I don't rule out that they're watching posts in this group and the others I posted in. I'm convinced I'd have a far worse experience if I had played...
  3. Essar

SMSL SU9-n issue

Consider my position that it's ethical for bad business practices to be widely publicized, at minimum to deter shady companies.
  4. Essar

SMSL SU9-n issue

I received this yesterday. It required intervention from my bank (or at least their hearing I'd issued a claim). Sheila wrote: Hi Steve, Our apologies. We were short-staffed so we're not able to respond to you right away. Your request was received and acknowledged on July 30 so you're still...
  5. Essar

Topping G5 quit working

@86billionneurons Apos won't respond so no RMA, and yes, it's incredibly defective. Here's the sound of the static. My bank is investing Apos for fraud so I'm hoping I can return this and pay the damn 20% restocking fee. I'm furious that Apos is blowing me off. Have a listen.
  6. Essar

SMSL SU9-n issue

I'm still being ignored by Apos and started a claim through my bank. They're a rather sleazy bunch I've come to learn. I may have to send this to China even though I'm well within my 45-day period and willing to pay the 20% restocking. It's infuriating they don't have a phone number and that...
  7. Essar

Topping G5 quit working

I'm on day 11 waiting for a response from Apos indicating progress on my RMA. Does anyone know if this is unusual for them or am I getting the shaft?
  8. Essar

SMSL SU-6 crackling sound issue

This is my SMSL SU-9 Pro recording. It may require VLC media player. It is horrifying.
  9. Essar

SMSL SU9-n issue

This is recording from today. It's painful.
  10. Essar

SMSL SU9-n issue

I purchased in June and noticed the horrendous crackling but it seemed to go away. This is because I don't have enough time to listen long enough for the heat threshold. I reset the SU-9 Pro, and the problem seemed to go away, so I thought it was some fluke in my particular settings...
Top Bottom