Recent content by Erosenbe

1. E

Topping E2x2 Audio Interface Review

Is the 6kΩ the balanced or unbalanced [single-ended] impedance? Either way, I don't think it would matter for most modern gear. Maybe with a 600Ω transformer output there would be a detectable difference between 6kΩ and 10kΩ...? I only know the basics of analog but would the 60kΩ input...
  2. E

Topping E2x2 Audio Interface Review

Topping line in allows a max of 23.9dBu at 6k ohm impedance. Nice! Latest Scarlett 2i2 is 22dbU at 60k ohm.
  3. E

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

RCA is two conductors. Something coaxial like RCA, BNC, or RG-XX is usually best there. Instruments use TS for two conductor signal, which is okay but maybe not optimal. TR*S is 3+ conductors but less robust than XLR, and makes contact across conductors when inserting. But TRS is compact and...
  4. E

Best spec ADC Chip currently.... ??

No relays! Could be smoother performance curves and experience.
  5. E

Yeah, that doesn't look right. You would have two oscillators to get 44.1x and 48x but also wouldn't ACLK be for a PLL mode clock, if you are taking a clock from digital input or external master rather than generating from a crystal? I think these chips allow that.
  6. E

You weren't kidding about Pin 5 having two names :facepalm:
  7. E

Right then AVCC is 4.5V external analog supply rail and AVDD is the analog operating voltage internal to the ic, at least under conditions in table shown.
  8. E

2V rms is nominal, I think. Just a way of saying that these are 'pro audio line level inputs.' Not the actual max voltage. The 3.36V is your AVDD (typ). That's the analog supply rail. The voltage that will correspond to 0dbFS. As opposed to your digital rail. The reason you have a DAC is...
  9. E

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

In1/in2 accept xlr, trs, or ts (inst). They are paired L-R on the monitor out. Max dbu corresponding to 0dbFS is somewhat lower in front than in3/in4 on the back. Most interfaces work like this. So if you have a signal at nominally line level and want to maximize SNR or headroom you are probably...
  10. E

http://www.esstech.com/index.php/en/products/adc/ I believe this is a new product line. Up to 4 channels of 2V RMS Differential line inputs. Very high SNR.
  11. E

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

Treadmills with dc motors (which is not all of them) have pwm speed controllers so that can result in a lot of energy radiated at who knows what frequencies. I doubt it is going to be standardized other than to hopefully not interfere with police/fire/aircraft communications in the intended market.
  12. E

Dirty USB shenanigans

Although USB data signals are balanced differential -- matched impedance opposite signal conductors -- there seems to be some pull up and pull down action in order for the peripheral to say hello to the host. So prior to signal transmission there might be some chirps, so to speak, and they...
Top Bottom