Recent content by ER4S

1. E

Is lossy outdated in 2019 & onwards?

Got angry there since that quote reminded why i stopped using HA forum's, Since no one there can handle casual/subjective views. Like above i wasn't making a massive claim just that i use flac since 85% is industrial, goth, ambient which i listen to, I've not got the attention span(Adhd) to test...
  2. E

I'm not that angry just bit peeved when i only said i stuck with lossless. Since I'm too lazy to see if lossy can work with my FLAC collection. Two 256GB SD cards isn't that awkward since i kept it and my AW45 in my large ER4SR case.
  3. E

Same here I'm getting fed up with him nagging DBT stuff when even quite few science areas admit its flawed. Pretty silly when I'm talking about avant garde artists like Merzbow. Like here on this video.
  4. E

I don't use lossy since not even 256kbps enough for me on my collection, Even Opus sounds bad on 1 album. I can't stand the ringing/pixel artifact AAC gives or the fuzzy distortion MP3 gives on demanding stuff. Opus/Musepack have barely no support so no point chasing them.
  5. E

I get that but i have 256GB+ memory card which is why i went FLAC.
  6. E

That was AAC i was talking about. MP3 is pretty weak to my ears i can tell V4 - V0 on some samples, Even on 320kbps with prurient history of aids first track there a click that sounds wrong vs the lossless one.
  7. E

Yes they've been outdated since 2010 outside bandwidth limited cases. The issue i have is that struggle with complex music with revealing headphones or speakers. I gave up when i could ABX Lull's continue and need a bit rate of 170kbps to stop the ringing artifacts.
  8. E

Which IEM do you own?

There not better any decent single driver IEM beats them. Loudspeakers need 2 and 3 way setups because 1 driver can't cover both ends, that isn't a issue on a headphone/IEM. Also i would take that reviewer with a grain of salt, way to biased for my tastes.
  9. E

do single driver full range speakers perform better? Do they sound different compared to 2 way etc speakers?

That why i never understood Multi driver IEM's hyped by audiophiles, They suffer all the cons of 2/3 way speakers yet none of the pros. The ER4S sounds fantastic with one BA driver and the same for any Dynamic based ones. Your filling a small room in your ear, there no need for 4 drivers or...
  10. E

About Grado labs headphones

I've been active on Reddit for 3 years i don't understand they blind hate about this brand?. You can't even like a SR255e, RS1e, GS2000e with being flamed and how you should've gotten a Senn, any TOTL and more while being flamed. Not to mention them being 2 to 3.8% THD+N irks me when there no...
  11. E

Can we trust our ears?

128Kbps AAC is fine for me on most music why chase lossless when not everyone can splash out on memory or even tell the difference?.
Top Bottom