Recent content by ENG

1. ENG

Zero-emission vehicles, their batteries & subsidies/rebates for them.- No politics regarding the subsidies!

Here in Denmark we normally pay for 3 cars, when we buy one. For the time being the state is lowering the charges on electrical cars, both recharge and PHEV. I bought a Volvo XC40 PHEV as we are 44.000 citizens in my part of Copenhagen sharing four electric charging stands. The electrical...
  2. ENG

Your Favorite Power Amplifier that you have ever owned or currently own and what makes it your favorite

NAD C298 It's silent and powerful. Auto on/off works flawlessly.
  3. ENG

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

I think we are going offline here. I am really interested in KEF LS60! That said I am a lifelong auditor, in cases like this: Follow the money.
  4. ENG

What is a nice tea to drink?

When Søren Kirkegård (1813-1855) lived in Copenhagen a tea shop was founded. It still exists: www.perchs.dk (in Danish, English and German). All the tea I drink comes from this shop. It's the biggest tea shop in the Nordic countries. Take a look.
  5. ENG

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/cambridge-audio-dacmagic-100-review.12201/
  6. ENG

Monitor Audio Concept 50 announced

Copy from Techradar: “How much will you need to save up if you'd like a pair? Monitor Audio's technical director, Michael Hedges, won't be drawn on an exact figure, but it'll be a cool £50,000 give or take 20 per cent, which is around $62,150 or AU$88,825 before tax and duties.“ Rather expensive!
  7. ENG

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

Alexx you go on not writing in English. Stop that!
  8. ENG

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

Lyngdorf 1120 have 60W, 8 Ohm and Sinad 69, cost in Denmark 16.000 DKK/ca. 2.300 USD. Beautiful and expensive. NAD C399 have 180W, 8 Ohm and Sinad 94, cost in Denmark (with Bluos module) 20.000 DKK/ca. 2.900 USD. I have that as you get more for your money.
  9. ENG

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

I use that DAC (Topping D30pro) and Bluesound Node 130 to feed my NAD C298. Jes, sell the Hegel H95 and get better gear.
  10. ENG

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

I have had Hegel H80, H190 and H390. There are all sold and I bought the much cheaper NAD C298, NAD C399 and Topping MP5 instead. And they run cool even with heavy load. I use Toppings unsurpassed DAC's to feed them. I can hear difference and the measurements prove it. Hegel is way to expensive...
  11. ENG

Which speaker would you like to be reviewed? (community interest thread)

What about Monitor Audio towers in silver and gold series from UK. (They are build in China). Also Arendal (Norway) more expensive towers. (They are also build in China).
  12. ENG

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Jes, we all know that Amir likes Roon. And so what! What Amir contributes with else is far exceeding this little bias. I can live with it, and I think the majority of ASR members also can. I don't use Roon.
  13. ENG

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Hello WiiM Support I can't understand this. Does it mean that you don't recommend using an external DAC with WiiM Mini Streamer in the case of AirPlay 2 ? And that the measured result will be better letting the inner DAC in WiiM Mini Streamer do the conversion in that case ?
Top Bottom