Recent content by Einsneins

1. E

Revel M105 Copy DIY build

It will be a 6mm offset compared to the original 30mm MDF front plate design. However, the woofer and tweeter will be flush, as I simply glued a 3/4 inch piece of MDF (with appropriately cut holes for drivers) to the back of the front piece of MDF on which both drivers were flush mounted. The...
  2. E

1. Will the 3/4 inch offset on the drivers due to the second panel lead to any negative audio differences? Or will the difference from the original design (36mm vs 30mm) mean it's basically negligible? My XO board doesn't quite fit through the woofer hole, and it'd be a huge pain to refit to...
  3. E

I just started this build and am pretty much done with the cabinets, just need to glue them together. I had a few questions: Currently my front panel is only 18mm MDF -- should I just go for a smaller round-over, or would it be beneficial to glue a second 18mm MDF panel onto the front panel...
  4. E

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

I'm getting into Hifi and was looking for an amp and dac to power the Revel M105 DIY Copy speakers that I built, ideally as cheap as possible. It seems like the Wiim amp is a good option but I was also considering: - Fosi V3 - SMSL Su-1 Since a streamer would be nice but not really necessary...
Top Bottom