Recent content by Eganmedia

1. E

Jbl m2 questions

It seems a lot of audiophiles are unaware that the JBL Intonato24 also contains the presets for the M2, 708i and 705i as well as the SUB18, S2S-EX, and 4645C subwoofers. It also includes an "Other" output which can drive any amplifier for. The room tuning and user-selectable frequency bands...
  2. E

Jbl m2 questions

I agree with you on both counts. The grille covers are really a disappointment. Most current studio monitor speakers don't even include grille covers and it makes sense. Home speakers on the other hand either have covers that integrate well or are designed to look good without them. I listen...
  3. E

Jbl m2 questions

Just stumbled on this thread 7 months late, but the Gearslutz.com thread you linked was started by me. In the intervening time since I posted that thread I've learned a great deal about the M2s, both from a listening enjoyment perspective and from a real-world working perspective. After...
  4. E

Target Room Response and Cinema X-curve

I understood the purpose of the X curve was to compensate for the loss of high frequency energy in a large theater. The lecture I heard described that by implementing the X-Curve in smaller dubbing stages, mixes would be brighter than they otherwise would as mix engineers added high frequencies...
Top Bottom