Recent content by EdW

1. E

Can a faulty amplifier blow a tweeter or a woofer just by being turned on?

A correctly working class D amplifier should produce no pops (or almost inaudible pops) at switch on or off.
  2. E

What amp would you buy?

This looks like being a good idea since I don’t see a 12v trigger output on pictures of the back panel of the Eversolo streamer
  3. E

What amp would you buy?

Both 7040 and 9040 based Purifi amplifiers will sound the same. Both amps linearity exceeds the dynamic of human hearing. The 9040 has better linearity but won’t sound any better. The 9040 is of course capable of a little more power into 8 and 4 Ohms - but hardly noticeable. The only caveat...
  4. E

What amp would you buy?

Certainly the Purifi 1ET9040 based amplifiers are the best performing amps regardless of expense! And they aren’t that expensive. So you are right about being done with amplification. But these amplifiers substantially outclass the Audiovectors of course
  5. E

Denafrips Ares II besides measurements - worth it?

Check out @amirm review https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/denafrips-ares-ii-usb-r2r-dac-review.11166/ it doesn’t perform particularly well and doesn’t represent value for money! There are several DACs review on the ASR which are better , , ,
  6. E

Kef Blade Meta and Genelec discussion

I already had a Topping D90 DAC - pretty capable by the reckoning of most. And a Raspberry pi4 using free Volumio with the DSP feature for room correction and/or eq - actually very low cost at around £90 for the pi4 + cables. Speaker cables and DAC to monoblock power amp cables from Blue...
  7. E

Great that you are enjoying your Genelec setup! It must be tremendous listening !
  8. E

Well not quite 6 8361 in the UK to 2 blade 2 metas! The lowest price for 8361a (pair) in the UK is approx. £8400 about half what I paid for the KEF Blade 2 meta pair, Admittedly ex demo but flawless with full KEF warranty and not much haggling on my part, A factory order set would have...
  9. E

1970s and 1980s Students! Reveal yourselves

Spoilt for choice . . . how about Queen and their album ‘A night at the opera’
  10. E

How people choose very expensive High-End speakers?

I would suggest that today the loudspeaker should use well over half the budget on a high end system, State of the art amplification is probably using Purifi 1ET9040 modules and combined with the best DACs from Chinese companies to give spurious free dynamic ranges better than the total...
  11. E

Adding Ethernet cable to Router not to a Switch

Use standard Ethernet cables from Amazon etc! ‘Audio grade’ Ethernet cables are a complete scam.
  12. E

I forgot to add that a digital connection is very much ‘go’ or ‘no go’. It will either work perfectly or there will be a break up of the data stream leading to very obvious loss of audio quality - nothing subtle. With Ethernet faulty packages are re-transmitted so there is additional...
  13. E

Audio data rates are rather undemanding on bandwidth. The streamer has probably got a substantial data buffer so even if the 2.5Gb/s link were being used for a major download by another device it is unlikely that the data to the streamer would be interrupted to the extent that the buffer is...
  14. E

Kef blade 2 meta frequency response

My blade 2 meta speakers are 95cm from the sidewalls and 85cm from the front wall as measured at the centre of the Uni-Q driver cone https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/kef-blade-2-meta-frequency-response.40766/post-1907195
  15. E

New Purifi amplifiers coming

I didn’t realize that the AP555 was good for 150dB dynamic range. I agree we need to see a full set of power vs distortion sweeps at different frequencies into 8/4/2 Ohm loads. Along with multitone and IMD plots.
Top Bottom