Recent content by DualTriode

1. D

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

Not true, health care is never free. I pay for my health care and for the entitled person standing in line ahead of me.
  2. D

Neurochrome HP-LOAD Review (Headphone Dummy Load)

Hello this has not been my experience with Keysight or their local sales rep. I am a retired engineer and until just recently I was an instructor at the local community college. I have discovered that you never ever tell any of these commercial vendors that you use their stuff for hobby use...
  3. D

Hello this has not been my experience with Keysight or their local sales rep. I am a retired engineer and until just recently I was an instructor at the local community college. I have discovered that you never ever tell any of these commercial vendors that you use their stuff for hobby use...
  4. D

Hello, For grins I will reply to this APx stuff. I am not thrilled with AP In November of 2018 I purchased a APx555. I asked AP if a new audio analyzer was going to be released. The answer was no, a month later the 555B was announced. All about the same time AP changed ownership and the...
  5. D

"New features" I would like to see a parametric equalizer added to the bluetooth and DAC. Thanks DT
  6. D

Hello All, I just purchased one of these things yesterday. I can watch the ups tracking information online. I will be using a Cambridge Audio CD as a transport, this thing and a LA90 power amplifier. Seems like rock and roll to me as I spin on my indoor bike. It rains a lot here in the state...
  7. D

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

Believe what you like. That was not the results of the Harman research. You do not need to spend $4000 to get close. Thanks DT
  8. D

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

Hello All, How much of this positive review of the Dan Clark Expanse Headphone is due to closely approaching the Harman curve without equalization? How many other headphones get good reviews because they can be equalized to approach the Harman Curve? Now recall the Harman AES paper where...
  9. D

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

Do drivers break in? Yea sure they do, to some extent. To my experience warm up is much more real. I have measured TS/P's in many speakers. If they are cold they are stiff. Bring the drivers in from the cold and let them warm up in the warm lab over night. Hook the driver up to the test...
  10. D

Behringer DCX2496 EQ Review

Same same. I have owned and used used one these things for years. Used to select diy crossover frequencies. Thanks DT
  11. D

Directiva driver candidate discussion

Hello, The glue is dry and the clamps are off one of the 1 cubic foot Denovo knock down enclosures and the 8 inch 8 R Purifi drivers have arrived. Tomorrow I will fabricate an adapter flange to mount the 8.7 inch O.D. Purifi woofer on a enclosure with a cut out for a 10 inch woofer. In a few...
  12. D

Hello All, I started to assemble a couple of 1 cubic foot Denovo knock down enclosures with the idea of test driving a pair of the new Purifi 8 inch 8R Ultra Low Distortion drivers. I picked this test enclosure with the idea that others have access to the same enclosures on Parts Express or...
  13. D

Hello, Looks like nice speakers. The woofer will be beaming by 2500hZ. The tweeter will start beaming by 10khZ. There will be no directivity transition at all. Did you use some sort of waveguide? Thanks DT
  14. D

Hello All, A good driver library is good to have. The driver library should contain distortion data results. Low distortion performance is likely more important than lower price. Half roll distortion can negate the best efforts to maximize motor performance. We need driver distortion test...
  15. D

Hello All, Can we set the target here please? What is the Goal? My impression is that we are looking for long stroke limited diameter woofers in limited size enclosures with low distortion. Can we limit the search to a single 8 inch driver possibly with up to 2 equal size passive radiators...
Top Bottom