Recent content by DualTriode

1. D

Mofi StudioPhono Stage Review

Audio Precision has that reference frequency response data on their web site. That is the reference curve that I use. Thanks DT
  2. D

Hello, I am borrowing your tech for personal use. Just placed a order for a AT91 mm carriage. $25.00 for a "reference" mm cartridge is doable. I will also add another position to the switch for (analyzer) generator input. Perhaps add another switch position for a "reference" Noise...
  3. D

I made the point and you missed it. The noise is very real and and very quantifiable. You did not read the Audio Precision link that I posted, did you?
  4. D

Yes you can also see the output voltage on the dashboard. However there is nothing there to calculate noise floor voltage, you know all that bin size stuff that is included in "Amplitude Spectral Density" when the software does the calculation. Thanks for the reply, had my say. DT
  5. D

That is not the metric you are looking for. As far as the analyzer knows the signal is notched out and everything else is THD+N. Yes we can short the input but that is not what the FFT shows and that is not the sound that comes out of the speakers before the needle drops.
  6. D

I like to use these, there always a couple on my bench...
  7. D

Looking at the FFT on the dashboard with the dBrA scale it is confusing. The test output is always at 0dBrA no matter the Gain; 36dB's for mm or 70dB's for mc. It is hard telling what the noise floor level is or try to determine what level the noise will be if you put your ear in the speaker...
  8. D

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

DanTheMan said: I think Teton would have been wise to plug their own holes. Hello, This is the objective part that I take away from this thread. With all the measurements of the leg attachment holes, sealed or not there is only a minor difference in the before and after objective...
  9. D

How do you hear headphone 'soundstage'

It is about the science. Headphones all on their own do not provide much directional information. I belong to the Audio Engineering Society and receive their monthly journal publication. Often there are articles about auditory spatial location processing. Almost always there are some type of...
  10. D

Hagerman Bugle3 Phono Stage Review

Hello, I do this stuff for entertainment. There is some precision in the numbers. I do like to use real numbers with a dBV scale rather than some variable dBr scale where 0dBr for one DUT is not the is not the same 0dBr for the next brand X DUT. I am sorting the Pearl3 in a cookie tin on my...
  11. D

Hagerman Bugle3 Phono Stage Review

I chuckle more than just a little when I read claims like this one. Even If a phono pre-amp can put out a unclipped signal of 19Vrms what about the next in the line line amp or power amplifier what will it do with 19Vrms input voltage?
  12. D

Audio Precision APx516B Review

The limits are know, if you know it or not.
  13. D

D'AMORE E660.5 Car Amplifier Review

Hello All, SINAD does not win auto audio competitions. Maximum SINAD will sell only to a narrow slice of the auto audio market. XM, CD, Bluetooth, 40 Watts and a 3-band equalizer does it for me. * Keep the vibrating auto body parts on your side of the road, thank you. Thanks DT * This...
  14. D

Audio Precision APx516B Review

A few months ago I went to a APx500 software training in the California South Bay. The AP guys had both the APx555B and this APx516 on the table for demonstration. For testing speakers and headphones that 516 gets you up and going with enough precession for using microphones without the always...
Top Bottom