Recent content by DTTOM37

1. DTTOM37

Topping PA5 II running hot on idle

Using a PA5 II (bought from Audiophonics) in an active system driving one Tangband WB-1772 (8 Ohm - FR 250hz-20khz) per channel at full power output, volume regulated from the DAC , usually - 25 dB, until now the amp runs cold to the touch.
  2. DTTOM37

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Sounds to me like you have limited knowlege of signal processing, recording techniques and room interactation in sound reproduction. If in any case, you have the personal need to emphasize music in the proposed way only with separates, be happy to invest in that option. Your opinion holds no...
  3. DTTOM37

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

As some members have already pointed out, the core product (formerly an OEM streaming board) has seen quite an evolution over the years. With the success of the WIIM mini and the recognition of the exciting performance/value proposition, the community here and elsewhere (in their own forums...
  4. DTTOM37

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

Am I mistaken that I am thinking (looking at the graphs) that the ZA3 in mono mode may be an excellent (and cheap) low-end amplifier for an active 2-way solution with an x-over at 250hz? What could go wrong driving two 15" bass modules in parallel at 4 Ohms and more than 90db sensivity per...
  5. DTTOM37

Audiophonics DA-S250NC DAC & Power Amp Review

agree with Mulder ... Info: It its the DAC board in the DA-250 NC thats converts the signal. If you are only onto a digital in/out (transport) for your signals, you may: - use toslink for TV - use coax for ? - Use USB for your RPI as streamer serving you with DLNA/UPNP/AIRPLAY/NAS connectivity...
  6. DTTOM37

Hi Steph, this thread is about the Amp/DAC combination called DA-250 NC, not about the Amp/DAC/Streamer called DAW-250 NC. About the latter (DAW) you find reviews elsewhere. The DA device does not support wired or wireless protocols beside Bluetooth, however it does offers toslink/coax/USB as...
  7. DTTOM37

Best Passive loudspeaker designs!

Can't see that either atm, however, I can see manufacturer like March Audio on the forefront. Given the prices we have seen until now, a "fully purified" front end may be available under 10K GBP and you could use DRC in the signal chain to tackle the room. For an audiophile's market, though, I...
  8. DTTOM37

As Lars Risbo let slip through FB last week, there may be in forseeable future some plans and the tweeter arriving from the SPK16 reference model. "Working hard on getting the tweeter in production. After that we will update spk16 and publish plans. The waiting time is painful for us all" (Lars...
  9. DTTOM37

Kroma Atelier?
  10. DTTOM37

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Some winter/summer impressions from the region where I live in France. Favourite places actually. These are part of our dog walk routines in Centre / Val de la Loire. Winter 2024 Summer 2022
  11. DTTOM37

Interesting new fanless Windows11 MiniPC...

your link shows: "Memory Slot 1 x 260-pin DDR4 3200MHz SO-DIMM 4/8/16GB, upgradeable to 32GB Max" The Alder Lake N series , however, (from Intel specs) is limited to 16GB single channel RAM. I have seen a couple of offers for Alder Lake N with 32GB like this
  12. DTTOM37

Arylic BP50 Preamp with HDMI ARC Review

To be fair to the manufacturer, they've operated predominantly in an economic environment where competitive pricing is more pivotal for success than engineeing. We may hope that they use the feedback and experience for the B50/BP50 to develop a technical superior device. Arylic has already begun...
  13. DTTOM37

NEW AUDIOPHONICS AP300-S2503E. 3E Audio 260-2-29A Amplifier

And even there, smaller communities have industrial zones (Z.I.) where workfloors and warehousing are located, usually.
  14. DTTOM37

Looks (y)our habits are a bit "outdated" for most generations that came after you/us. ;-) Personally, I tend to agree that streaming from a local source is my favourite, given that when I was 20 I had already about 300 vinyl records in my library and almost the same numbers of C90s - and I...
Top Bottom